Mathematics SL Paper 2 TZ 1

007imagine

So how was it?

I found it to be easier than P1. I blanked out on that Section B question with the triangle intersecting with the circle. I knew how to solve it but kept getting weird angle values. 0_0 So I just at least wrote down the formula for method marks. XD

I didn't find paper 2 to be that hard. It was certainly more difficult than paper one but not by much. For the circle and triangles one did you use pi for the number of radians in a triangle? It should have been 1.29 and the other i think I got 2.22 but i don't remember that one clearly.

Okay, yeah! I got 2.22 for the angle at the bottom left, of the smaller triangle. Sorry for the bad description. :P

But weird thing is...since both sides of the smaller triangle (the bottom and right sides) were 6, then the upper angle would have to be 2.22, too...and umm...that's not a triangle. 0_0 Or did I just miss something really silly?

T_T

*moment of silence for easy marks*

Same here. Sigh. I'm shooting for a 7, but I predict a 6 or 5. :hang: Wish the IAs counted for more. The only HLs at my school are English, History, Bio, Art, Music, and Theater. They're introducing Spanish next year, I think, but Eng. and History are mandatory HLs. That's fine for people like me who have trouble balancing a combustion reaction, but kids who are strong in math are put at a disadvantage.

Wow my school is exactly the same. Luckily they have hl physics but what makes my school terrible is that the only people eligible to take math hl are AP Students... Oh well at least when I started to look through p2 during the reading period I chuckled because everybody around me had looks of horror on their faces. :D

I thought it was really hard as did everyone else in my class. I guess I'm doomed to a 2. How on earth do you do the binomial expansion question? And in question 10, when they asked to show that the distance is whatever that function was, how do you get that?

I thought it was really hard as did everyone else in my class. I guess I'm doomed to a 2. How on earth do you do the binomial expansion question? And in question 10, when they asked to show that the distance is whatever that function was, how do you get that?

I used the Pascal's triangle and just kept on working (trial and error) until I got the answer. By the time I was almost finished, I had realized that I never even put the coefficient so I had to redo everything all over again and I lost a lot of time as a result.

I personally found Paper 2 to be loads easier than paper 1. I dunno why, but i had a bad feeling going out of paper 1. Paper 2 though, zipped through Section A really fast. Section B took the rest of the time but it wasn't bad as I thought. I guess I was out of it for paper 1.