Psychology

MagicSophie

Surprised there's no thread for Psych yet.

Was anyone else extremely frustrated with Paper 1?

None of our class bothered with the general learning outcomes, because we figured they probably wouldn't come up because they're too easy. Our teacher even said not to worry about them, because if you know your other outcomes, then you should be able to figure out the general ones.

It turns out that's pretty much what we did, but I was a little hacked off, because I memorized two years of psych notes, and it didn't even occur to me that ALL of the questions would be on general outcomes.

Sometimes I feel like the IBO is just messing with us. Anyway..

Did anyone else feel the same way?

Yes, Paper 2 was also a lucky shot for me since I decided to learn some specific questions in the Human Relationships option. Although it's weird that in the Human Relationship option, there were 2 questions about prosocial behavious and 1 question about relationships..no violence at all. What options did you guys pick? :)

Paper 1 was quite bad for me :( I remember them asking about ONE ethical consideration for a cognitive research... The only thing I could think of was Loftus and Palmer. Then there was the one principle of the sociocultural loa, I didn't bother to revise the principles and I was extremely stumped :(

• 4 weeks later...

I did the TZ2 paper. I liked paper 1 very much apart from the second part, since a) our teacher said they might not ask about brain imaging but they did and b) because the question for the cognitive level of analysis was wierd and I was really hoping to be able to choose an essay question on the Cognitive/Biological level of analysis. Thus, I did the Soa question. I didn'T revise that topic a lot and did not realise that in my revision guide there where studies related to cultural differences. I did quite a lot of analysis but I lack of these empirical evidence just mentioned. Thus, I said sth about they should do more cross-cultural research. No idea what marks they will give me for that then. Paper 2 was a lot better. I did the third question on abnormal psychology,about group approach for treatment. I could have continued writing for another hour or so but I did conclude my essay. My psychology teacher said that that is a good sign because it shows I know the stuff. Hope she's right. I included a lot of relevant studies. So loved paper 2 and part 1 of paper 1. Just hoping I do get a good grade for the essay in paper 1 cause I was really hoping for a 6/7 in SL (portfolio 18/20). WE'll see.