What exactly is REQUIRED for CAS?

What EXACTLY does the IB want for CAS?

Do they expect a reflection only? But you can add stuff like pictures and signatures to support your activity so it doesn't look fake? Or are pictures a definite requirement?

Please expand on anything or give me more detail. Thanks.

Here's a link that will answer your question: http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/12308-cas-planning-and-reflectingwriting/

(Please do use the Search Bar on the top right hand corner.)

Basically, all the IB requires are reflections for each activity and photos really do help to show proof that you've done it. (There is chance that your reflections will be selected to be sent off to the IB to show a sample size of CAS reflections, so make sure they're good!) However, each school has a different way of 'assessing' or making sure you do your reflections, like getting the people who oversee your activity to sign and make sure you attend, so don't forget to follow your school's guidelines too.

Also, my schools suggests about 2 sides of A4 of reflections - so it isn't much. Talk about your thoughts before, during and after activity, and although this seems obvious, but reflect on what you've done!

• 2 weeks later...

Reflections are all. Pictures and stuff are excellent, because they add greater veracity to your activites. I have a screenshot of my school newsletter on ManageBac, which shows that I did my activity to the world, and will still be accessible even in 5 years.

So to recap:

Reflections - MUST

Everything else - Very useful, but not necessary.

• 2 months later...