what subjects are you taking next year? (2014 class)

milk

i'm taking-

HL chemistry

HL english A1- lit

HL history- americas

SL anthropology

SL spanish (year 2)

SL math studies

scared for chemistry, really excited for english and anthropology, and mad at the new spanish IA format :(

what about you?

• Like 2

English A1 HL

History HL

Chemistry HL

Spanish B Ab Initio SL

Math Studies SL

Art SL

My parents made me take this year off from Art, so for a while I wanted to drop History down to SL and do Biology HL as Group 6, but I never got around to it. I was homeschooled until 9th grade and my school lost my record of Spanish, so I'm stuck in Spanish Ab Intio. Also, because I plan to major in Environmental Chemistry, I really wanted to get into Math SL, but my teacher didn't recommend me.

Overall, I'm looking forward to English, Chemistry and Art, but REALLY scared of doing Chem HL.

that's good though because there's an environmental option in IB chem :)

My pre-IB Chem teacher is the IB Chem II teacher as well, and I was actually talking with her about the environmental option on Thursday. She said that it might be discontinued as an option because she's the only Chem II teacher and she doesn't have a very strong background in environmental chemistry. :ateeq:

well if you're that interested in it and your textbook has it you could self study it i suppose!

that's good though because there's an environmental option in IB chem :)

My pre-IB Chem teacher is the IB Chem II teacher as well, and I was actually talking with her about the environmental option on Thursday. She said that it might be discontinued as an option because she's the only Chem II teacher and she doesn't have a very strong background in environmental chemistry. :ateeq:

well if you are that interested in it and if its in your IB textbook you could self study it i suppose... i know the options for my IB chem at my school are meds/drugs and enviro. i wish we did food chemistry though!

English: Language and Literature HL

Latvian HL

Economics HL

Geography HL

Math SL

Spanish AB initio SL (online course)

Russian SL

Biology SL

:)

is our school the only one where rarely anyone has only 6 subjects?

Yeah, probably? Now, please, kindly explain, what do you need all these subjects for? :P 4 languages, 4 HLs.... I see no point in this schedule.... What do you plan to study?

• Like 1

Latvian HL

Economics HL

Geography HL

Math SL

Russian SL

Biology SL

glad I don't go to your school :hmmph:
  • Like 1

Latvian HL

Economics HL

Geography HL

Math SL

Russian SL

Biology SL

Yeah, probably? Now, please, kindly explain, what do you need all these subjects for? :P 4 languages, 4 HLs.... I see no point in this schedule.... What do you plan to study?

Well, here in Latvia - English and Latvian are compulsory, I need Spanish for my future, and my parents are making me to take Russian, because you need to know the language to work here. Geography is the only subject I'm taking for myself, cause I want to. Economics are required by my university. One of the sciences (biology) is required by the IB. Math is compulsory.