what subjects are you taking next year? (2014 class)

milk

Well...for me is a bit complicated :P

I'm either doing:

HL: Psychology, English: Lit and French B (not fluent in French)

SL: Spanish ab initio, Math studies and Chemistry (a bit scared)

or

HL: Psychology, English: Lit and Chemistry

SL: French B, Thai: lit (self taught) and Math studies.

or

HL: Psychology, English: Lit and French B

SL: Chemistry, Thai: lit and Math Studies.

Which one do you think I should take option 1, 2 or 3?

Let me tell you about each subject:

English Lit: I am okay with english...not THAT great but I think I can pass but not do well. (predict a 5 or 6) I feel like it is important to take English HL

Psychology: I've never done psychology before but I am very interested in the subject. VERY interested.

Chemistry: Best science for me. but i'm not sure if I should take it at HL, i feel like i'd do well if i practice a lot.

Math Studies: I first thought I'd take SL. But i really hate maths...REALLY despise it. I'd never do anything related to it in college.

Thai Lit: I am fluent in thai. It is my first language. But I'm not sure if my school accepts thai as a self taught language. (can only take at SL)

French B: I am not fluent in French, but I got a 6 last year. And I really like the class. I really enjoy learning French. I've been learning it for 2 years, and im not sure if I can cope with HL.

Spanish ab initio: Really interested. but this is a backup for thai. If i can't do thai, i'll do spanish.

PLEASE HELP D:

It depends on what you want to study. I think that if you don't study Psychology then you shouldn't take it at HL. Also, if you don't study anything related to Chemistry then why would you take it in HL? But if you are thinking just about these 3 options then I think you should take the first one. Though, this is just my personal opinion :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote

]It depends on what you want to study. I think that if you don't study Psychology then you shouldn't take it at HL. Also, if you don't study anything related to Chemistry then why would you take it in HL? But if you are thinking just about these 3 options then I think you should take the first one. Though, this is just my personal opinion :)

I went with the first option as my final decision :) I'm not sure if I can cope with French B HL (really afraid of that class).

But I want to go into Languages in the future so I'll need to learn how to handle second languages anyway :) thanks for your reply.

SL English

SL French B

SL History (Europe)

HL Biology

HL Chemistry

HL Maths

Well...that's the plan...

Excited for Chem and Bio, but a bit scared for French, and English, and History, and Maths :guilty:

Edited by pruno

I am forced to take English HL even if I don't want to! ;/ I'd prefer taking Psychology HL but my school says English HL is compulsory >.<

So for now my subjects are:

English B HL

Biology HL

Chemistry HL

Polish A1 SL

Psychology SL

Mathematics SL

Spanish B SL

Yeah, seven subjects, I am a suicide :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amentalaim

Gah, I hate it when schools make certain subjects 'compulsory':/ Some of my friends are being forced into taking 'bilingual' TOK simply because they're taking HL Chinese B. It's absolutely ridiculous and unfair. I hope you at least will find English tolerable then!

But why 3 languages..?

I'm taking HL: English Literature (A1), Physics (I'm screwed), History

SL: Maths, Philosophy, Spanish B.

Gah' date=' I hate it when schools make certain subjects 'compulsory':/ Some of my friends are being forced into taking 'bilingual' TOK simply because they're taking HL Chinese B. It's absolutely ridiculous and unfair. I hope you at least will find English tolerable then![/quote']

Well, it's not like I dislike English, although I'd prefer taking Psychology (by some sense it's connected with medicine). English is just not required for my studies :(

Thanks for your support ;)

But why 3 languages..?

English is compulsory, Polish is compulsory (in my school, ehh -,-) and I don't want to stop learning Spanish - it's useful and easy language for Poles.

Edited by Hanadai