History Paper 1+2 TZ2

krissi_p0oh

I thought paper 1 was a gift. Almost started crying from happiness. :D

Paper 2 I did 6 and 25.

6 was that one "Analyse treaties, economic factors and ideologies as either the causes of wwi or wwii" and I did wwii

25 was the "Differing viewpoints on the treatment of germany were a major cause of the cold war. to what extent do you agree?"

I think I did the 6th question really well...the 25th one was rather tricky, but I'm hoping it wasn't so bad. :/

What about you? (:

Paper 1 was supposed to be a gift, but I found myself rushed to finish mini essay. So worried about that because I used only 3 (or 4, don't remember exactly) sources and each only for once. :( Also, I didn't show much knowledge - remember only mentioning Manchuria, Abyssinia, and something else. I think I will lose quite many points for that.

Paper 2 was much better for me. I chose questions 6 and 18 - the one about causes of WWII and the one about Hitler's social and economic policies. Of course, everything never goes as "perfectly" as I want it to be, but I think I managed to show contradicting viewpoints, differing historian's opinion and more or less sound knowledge of events. :)

i wasnt sure about taking the question 6. feared i might only talk about hitler always and that wouldn't be answering the question. did stalins rise (my absolute favourite question from all possible ones in the whole wide world) :D:D:D when i saw it i smiled.

then i did 25 (cold war and germany)- didn't really have that good of an idea about specific german treatment apart from the division, reparations, west/east germany, currency reform and berlin blockade but i argued that germany was only one factor out of a large array of causes (ideology, balance of powers, self-interests) particularly in the eastern countries and therefore it can't be regarded as the main factor particularly because stalin stopped the berlin blockade (a sign that he didn't worry too much about it, he could have used force theoretically)- so i hope that was allright. what did anyone else argue on this one?

paper 1: evaluated a wrong source, noticed 10 minutes before the end and rushed to do the proper one (D)- my essay was therefore badly structured and kind of weak, did include all sources though and my main own knowledge argument was that the exclusion of major powers led to the treaty of rapallo in 1922 where the soviet union and germany, isolated as they were, drew closer to each other and that it lacked respect because the founding nation had never joined it, can't remember what else i wrote but i was under insane time pressure after my previous mistake.

overall quite good though, especially that stalin question I think i blew away :D tomorrow paper 3!

tomorrow paper

I quite likes paper 1, it was a pretty easy topic that you could really talk about anything on so that was good.

The questions on paper 2 also seemed much easier than past years. There were a lot of them that seemed really nice to answer, at least for my two topics (1 and 3).

I answered question 6 on WWII and then question 13 on how internal conflict and weak governments contributed to the rise of Mussolini and Mao. I thought that was a really nice question, and I think it suits almost any dictator. I went with Mussolini because I felt I knew him the best and Mao because he's my only one from a different region. For both of them I got to show my knowledge of war as well (so at least that study didn't go to waste!) since I could talk about the impact of WWI and the Sino-Japanese War & Chinese Civil War on each dictator's rise. Overall, I was pretty happy about it.

Almost everyone else in my class did 6 and 14, which was really weird. There were only two people who didn't, including me, and we both did 6 and 13!

Anyone else worried about Paper 3 now? Papers 1 and 2 were so nice that it just seems like Paper 3 will be horrendous XD

Edited by Guest

Question 8 (Weimar) and 29 (Gorbachev) :P Would've done Stalin (14 or 15, can't remember), but I blanked on his rise to power for some reason. My brain works wonder lmfao.

And I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out whether Mao/Hitler/Stalin were totalitarian or authoritarian. Was a blank moment to say the least hahah -.-

Paper 1 (Communism in Crisis) was lurvly I think :P

Just gotta see if the examiners feel the same way haha...and don't hate my handwriting :P

Paper 3 tomorrow. Gulp. Meiji, Qing, Mao, Deng, Nanking Decade and all that good stuff haha

Paper1 (communism in crisis) seems to be one of the hardest that I have ever done! It was so tricky, especially compare and contrast, and OPVL parts... At least, I hope my mini essay was good one, as I used all sources and remembered some stuff about Four modernizations...

In Paper2 I did 14 (Stalin's rise to power) and 25 (Germany and Cold War). This one went muuuch better for me, but still I have some doubts as in 25th essay there was a place where I totally belittled USSR :D

In my opinion, this year Paper2 was quite strange, as in Topic3 there were 2 essays on rise to power, 2 on consolidation of power, and in Topic5 2essays on the origins of Cold War.

I thought paper 1 (on the League of Nations) was a gift too :D I was practically crying from happiness because I was so scared it would be on something like Mandates or some tiny treaty like St. Germain or something :D So I think I did pretty good on paper 1 :D

Paper 2, I chose the question on assessing the causes (ideology, economic factors, treaties) of WWII, which I thought went pretty good :D

However, for the second question I couldn't decide whether to do a question on Weimar, or the use of force in a totalitarian state, and eventually I chose the totalitarian state due to my love for Lenin, but in the end I ended up doing Stalin and Hitler (don't know how that happened) and by the middle of the essay I already felt this was not the way I wanted it to be, but well what could I do? =____=

Thus, my second essay was a bit of a disaster but I'm hoping that my first one and paper 1 will pull it up and that Paper 3 will save me.

oh dear.

Note sure if this is the right time zone... :P

I did number 14 (Stalin's rise to power) and 2 to (social and economic issues that occurred because of a war)... does anybody remember if this question required the war to be from a certain time period in the 20th century or could it be any war in that happened in the 20th century?..... I am a little stressed out that I might of read the question wrong :S

Note sure if this is the right time zone... :P

I did number 14 (Stalin's rise to power) and 2 to (social and economic issues that occurred because of a war)... does anybody remember if this question required the war to be from a certain time period in the 20th century or could it be any war in that happened in the 20th century?..... I am a little stressed out that I might of read the question wrong :S

I remember #2 being rather vague, but for the life of me I can't remember whether it mentioned a certain period.I think it might have even been "any 20th century war"... what war did you write about?

Don't worry, a friend of mine finished his paper 2 and didn't read through all of the topics, but just the ones that we did and when the exam was over he looked through the other topics and saw that Topic 4 had a question which was literally his EE topic and which he could have easily aced... Poor thing. :P

Social and economic policies? Something like successes or something. I dno. That's all I remembered haha. I'm trying to focus on P3 now. Forgetting P1+P2 :P

haha ahh hope someone knows. its important for p3 because that determines what won't be on there tomorrow. quite easy to work out what has been on in past years and what won't be on there because it was on paper 2. just doing some predictions ;) i forgot about p2 as well already

What are

Social and economic policies? Something like successes or something. I dno. That's all I remembered haha. I'm trying to focus on P3 now. Forgetting P1+P2 :P

haha ahh hope someone knows. its important for p3 because that determines what won't be on there tomorrow. quite easy to work out what has been on in past years and what won't be on there because it was on paper 2. just doing some predictions ;) i forgot about p2 as well already

what are your predictions?

well i can say what can't be on it seeing the paper 2 questions: stalins rise (p2), hitler's domestic policies (p2)

what is unlikely: weimar (p2 even if indirectly), collective security and appeasement (2010/2011), Versailles Successes of Failures (M10), failure of co-operation during inter-war period (N11), comparison between italian and german unification (M10), mussolini vs hitler (M10),...

other stuff which has been on but i don't necessarily want to make a comment about: bismarcks domestic policies, prussian strength, austrian weaknesses, cavour (x2), garibaldi,...

I really hope there's a question about Bismarck, and Alexander II, and well, I think there's always a French Rev question.

There's only so many questions IB can ask, so I hope they'll repeat it anyway. In 2000 and 1999 for example, question #1 about the French revolution was almost identical.

Paper 1 and 2 were ok... probably because I started studying midnight before the exam. I was so tired during the exam. Edit: sorry, I just realized this is TZ2!

Edited by SmilingAtLife:)

everything I'm hoping for you're predicting won't be there *-*

ahh i'm sure there will be at least 3 questions you can answer, if not a few more. sure one might not be up to your liking but then again you can always write something even for questions you don't know extremely much about :D

I loved the League of Nations paper 1! Although thinking back on it I was so excited that I could talk about Abyssinia and Manchuria on the last question on p1, that I'm almost certain I forgot to tie the sources back in. Ah well.

I don't like history at all, so I found paper two to be murderous. I did number 4 and 25. 25 was something like Truman and Stalin's role in beginning and continuing the Cold War. Number four was.... oh! The role of foreign influence in certain wars. I picked the Chinese Civil War and went on and on about the motivations for why the US and USSR got involved and communism and all that jazz.

All I gotta do is make a three on this guy, because I'm CERTAIN that I'll make a five or something else delicious in Biology or English. Gonna have to find a way to get Econ to be nice to me, but that's SL, and I did O.K. on my IAs.

Gah! Babbling,

Happy studies!

EccentricPianist

P.S. Paper three tomorrow guys! YEAH! >.<

Edited by EccentricPianist

I did question 2 (social and economic consequences of a war, I did WW1) and 25. Paper 1, ughh. I had no idea you had to actually mention which source you got the information from in the last question so I just listed the ones I knew from the sources and my own knowledge in bullet points. A W E S O M E.

Not allowed to talk about today's Paper 3 yet sooo...