Physics SL Paper 3 TZ2

HoolaBaloola

What was the age of the rocks in nuclear? And the maximum kinetic energy of electrons in quantum? I got 5eV and 2.6 billion years for the age of the rocks ;p

If i remember right: Hc/lamba + phi was the kinetic energy, which was 3eV + 2eV to give 5 eV. And the rocks? 23% left means it has gone through around 2 half lives? so 2x(half-life) would be around 2billion-2.6billion yrs?

Edited by HoolaBaloola

as long as the equation 0,23=e^-lambda*t was correct, i am safe, but i don't remember the age precisely :D

regarding the kinetic energy - was the wavelenght given? if i recall correctly, it was, and then i think i found the frequency and max kinetic energy is Planck's constant x frequency, no?

can anyone confirm that the two graphs in sight&wave phenomena part about polarization were such that in the first one at 0 and 180 degrees intensity is Io, but at 90 degrees it is zero, in the second one at 0 and 180 degrees - intensity is Io, but at 90 degrees it is 0,5Io?

Edited by uusinjsh

as long as the equation 0,23=e^-lambda*t was correct, i am safe, but i don't remember the age precisely :D

regarding the kinetic energy - was the wavelenght given? if i recall correctly, it was, and then i think i found the frequency and max kinetic energy is Planck's constant x frequency, no?

can anyone confirm that the two graphs in sight&wave phenomena part about polarization were such that in the first one at 0 and 180 degrees intensity is Io, but at 90 degrees it is zero, in the second one at 0 and 180 degrees - intensity is Io, but at 90 degrees it is 0,5Io?

Wavelength of 400 nm was given, so to find the energy of photon, its plancks constant x speed of light / wavelength , the speed of light over wavelength gives the frequency

As for the age of the rocks, i just did that 23% is somehow 2 around half lives? and 1 half life was around 1 billion yr? i could have gotten that one wrong i admit. But still went pretty well!

I somehow did the equation method and got 2.7 billion yrs!! That was very close to mine 2.6 billion years lol!!

Edited by HoolaBaloola