Help with this topic

Nabz

Ok so i've chosen a guiding question but i'm having trouble choosing where to start. The topic is paranormal phenomena and the guiding question relates to the fact that to what extent can we believe about these phenomena. My two main focus areas are (paranormal phenomena about ghosts and UFO).

EDIT:

My guiding question is:To what extent should we believe claims about mysterious phenomena?

Me and my friend are doing this presentation together (10 minutes each) and the area that my friend chose is "UFOs". I was thinking about choosing "Ghosts" but i can't seem to find a starting point from where i can start off my presentation and eventually reach to the point where i'm directly answering the question...

Any tips about how i should organize my presentation or any ideas about the topics i can look at instead of "ghosts" which fall under the same guiding question.

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for not making it clear.

Thing is, since i'm having exams right now, i'll only have 4 days including saturday and sunday to prepare and research onto this topic so i'm in deep trouble at the moment even though i already have troubles to deal with (two exams on monday).

Edited by shad0wboss

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've editing my OP and i'm sorry for not making it clear. Hopefully it is clear enough for you guys to help me out.

My advice would be to generate a focused Knowledge Issue from your guiding question. Since it involves claims and mysterious phenomena it would be appropriate to focus on the WoK Reason and AoK Natural Science and how they relate to your topic.

I've editing my OP and i'm sorry for not making it clear. Hopefully it is clear enough for you guys to help me out.

My advice would be to generate a focused Knowledge Issue from your guiding question. Since it involves claims and mysterious phenomena it would be appropriate to focus on the WoK Reason and AoK Natural Science and how they relate to your topic.

yea but that would be, what i do with my topic. Thing is, i don't know if "ghosts" would get me somewhere...

Just my opinion but change your topic completely; your topic lacks the focus and that may be why it has even confused you yourself. Try finding a topic based on one of the ToK topics that you understand better. That way you will know what to write about and won't face the problems you are facing atm.

Just my opinion but change your topic completely; your topic lacks the focus and that may be why it has even confused you yourself. Try finding a topic based on one of the ToK topics that you understand better. That way you will know what to write about and won't face the problems you are facing atm.

Problem is, i'm not doing my presentation alone but with a friend and he has worked a bit on his part which is "UFOs", and btw this topic of ours, was modified by our TOK teacher so i guess the guiding question is fine, it's just that i haven't done a TOK presentation before therefore i'm a bit confused as to what i'm supposed to present in my presentation so that the guiding question is answered and how can i prolong my presentation while still staying within the theme "paranormal".

Edited by shad0wboss