Question about HL Economics grading

Hey everyone!

My economics HL paper 2 went surprisingly badly, for example i mixed up one word for another and therefore didn't answer the question at all and will most likely get 0 (unless they give some points even if you talk about the wrong stuff; do you know if they just give you 0 points if you talk about the completely wrong things or do they give you at least some credit if the response is otherwise good?)

But yeah paper 3 is tomorrow and im planning to do much better. I was REALLY hoping for a seven from eco but looks very unlikely, although do you know around how many marks you should get to receive a six or seven? I've looked at grade boundaries but i'ld like to know the overall mark amount. The only overall grade boundary i've seen is out of 100 in percentages and i have no idea how to count that. What i'ld like to know is if i do really well tomorrow, like 45/60, can i still get a seven even though i got only 15/25 for paper 1 and 18/30 for paper 2?

PS: No discussion about the exam, just asking an overall question about Economics HL grading!

Hey,

although IB does not actually tell how they calculate their overall mark, it seems pretty easy to guess.

First paper, second paper and internal work are 20% of the overall each. Third paper is worth 40%. I don't really know overall boundary for economics, but I've seen it to be 72 out of 100 somewhere.

So, if you get maximum from first paper, third paper and nearly maximum from internal, you are surely to be OK. Just calculate how much percent would you get from every paper with proportion and you will get the overall grade!

Good luck, I did my economics HL today too, for me it seemed pretty easy, but maybe I just did not know enough :D But yes, I am hoping for a seven too.

Hi all, there was a question about when the demand curve ISN'T sloping downwards from left to right and you needed to explain when that happens.

I mentioned Veblen and Giffen goods. Should I have mentioned when the demand curve is full inelastic or elastic?

Thanks

Hi all, there was a question about when the demand curve ISN'T sloping downwards from left to right and you needed to explain when that happens.

I mentioned Veblen and Giffen goods. Should I have mentioned when the demand curve is full inelastic or elastic?

Thanks

Yup, that was one of the many answers you could have given. Another answer was the non-price determinants of demand!

Hey everyone!

My economics HL paper 2 went surprisingly badly, for example i mixed up one word for another and therefore didn't answer the question at all and will most likely get 0 (unless they give some points even if you talk about the wrong stuff; do you know if they just give you 0 points if you talk about the completely wrong things or do they give you at least some credit if the response is otherwise good?)

But yeah paper 3 is tomorrow and im planning to do much better. I was REALLY hoping for a seven from eco but looks very unlikely, although do you know around how many marks you should get to receive a six or seven? I've looked at grade boundaries but i'ld like to know the overall mark amount. The only overall grade boundary i've seen is out of 100 in percentages and i have no idea how to count that. What i'ld like to know is if i do really well tomorrow, like 45/60, can i still get a seven even though i got only 15/25 for paper 1 and 18/30 for paper 2?

PS: No discussion about the exam, just asking an overall question about Economics HL grading!

Well since you messed up ONE word it is quite possible you spoke about relavent things that did display some economics knowledge so yes it IS possible to get marks :) The examiners are supposed to be quite forgiving (supposedly) so obviously part of it is answering the question at hand but its also a little bit of just showing off what you know especially on paper 2 since there is less application (no evaluation) and just more talking about concepts. BUT because it was paper 2 i'm not really sure how much you could have written that was on topic if you misread the question? You'd have to tell me in detail which I think now you can as it has been 24 hours. Hope paper 3 went well! I found it to be pretty good but always run out of time!