What qualifies for the C of CAS?

Soppy

Oh?

Well, Im about to forge a deal with our really kind arts/music teacher, that he will sign my CAS thingamidgy as long as I show the results (drawings) and the time it took for me to draw them (reasonable ofc). Because really, I dont want to go to art classes PLUS the time I spend on my own on drawing :D

I wonder if this trick works in all IB schools...

It just depends on the IB coordinator at your school. 'Cause for us - I doubt we'd be allowed to do that - since we're supposed to be supervised when we're participating in the activity. My piano, harmony and guitar lessons count and my teachers can just sign at the end of the month how many times I went to the lesson. :D

• 1 month later...
Write a poem. Take pictures. Critique a movie. Learn how to play an instrument, or a specific song you always wanted to learn

THAT is something i find very fun.

So i can get C from walking around and taking pictures, or do i need to attend some kind of course about Photography?

At our school they ahve a school for young children attached, and we can help there. Would it count for creativity or service if we helped with art or music?

erm... you could take up an instrument? dance class maybe? something completely cool like fifties dancing :o

writing... you could write article for something? Or short stories for the same kind of reason?

I've heard yoga also counts as creativity? dont know how or why...

id say instrument would probably be easiest... they dont say you have to be good :)

also, if you can already play something join a school band or choir or something? yeh i know really kl :) actually some pretty cool people go to our chapel choir, im just stereotyping.

At our school they ahve a school for young children attached, and we can help there. Would it count for creativity or service if we helped with art or music?

My IBC would count it as either one...I don't know how strict yours is. I'd categorize it under whichever section I need more hours in.

MUN and musical instruments are the two most common activities for creativity in my school.

For creativity, people in our class did these:

-Drama productions

-Painting the senior lounge

-Going on a summer language course, I did one in Paris this summer and got 80 hours

-MUN

-Taking instrument lessons

-Dance

Most of the people in my class took language classes after school, I had Hebrew classes. Which really helps my uni application, coz I'm applying for language courses.

You could offer to paint a mural on the elementary school wall, or to organize/give a high school musical concert.

Same as the topictitle.

Do you have any tips for Creativity on what to do?

I finished my creativity by co-teaching Second Language and swimming classes. since this involves me actually planning out lessons and activities, at the same time, offering my time and getting physical activities done (the swimming one)...I got all three areas

if your school has school teams...coaching will get you creativity and action, participating on the team will get you action.

debating can get you creativity as well...

that's all I can think of now, I'll add on if I can get more..

For creativity, people in our class did these:

-Drama productions

-Painting the senior lounge

-Going on a summer language course, I did one in Paris this summer and got 80 hours

-MUN

-Taking instrument lessons

-Dance

Most of the people in my class took language classes after school, I had Hebrew classes. Which really helps my uni application, coz I'm applying for language courses.

You could offer to paint a mural on the elementary school wall, or to organize/give a high school musical concert.

Would a study course work too?

personally, i think the best way is to get involved in a drama production.. not only is it creative by definition but it sure completes the hours!

it looks good on a transcript

it shows you can work in groups, which is a greater asset than doing something by yourself

if you take on the role in producing or directing the play, it's evidence of your leadership..

etc etc

furthermore, you get to know different aspects of people and helps you out socially! haha

other major scale ideas that we did at our school are painting a mural in the school, organising art projects for kids in a nearby orphanage...

otherwise, i think learning a language or somehting like that also gives u credit as creativity..

i reckon C is the easiest of the three to fulfill..

good luck! B

• 2 weeks later...