Does not having any science HL affect one's future greatly?

Duckbeam

Hi guys.. these are my subjects currently:

Danish A HL

English A HL

Mathematics HL

Chemistry HL

Business & Management SL

Spanish a/b initio

I am currently really really considering dropping down in Chemistry because it is not as strong as my other HL subjects (get 7 in the others, get a 6 in Chemistry) and I don't feel as if I have full understanding of the subject and it annoys me! :D

So I was wondering if it will greatly impact my university possibilities negatively if I drop it to standard. This means I will not have a HL science. I probably want to do something involving mathematics, so I really hope it won't mess too much up.

Hoping for fast replies! Thx!

Edited by Duckbeam

Well, it really depends what you plan on studying... First of all, a 6 in Chemistry HL is ridiculously good, so congrats. :P And a 7 in Math HL is even better. XD

But overall, you won't be limited in any subject other than those requiring Chemistry explicitly (so probably medicine and anything chemistry related...)

@brofessional -- yeah, not taking Physics is one of my great regrets. Unfortunately I didn't have much scientific experience before I entered the Pre-Ib so I had no idea what to choose from (ended up taking Chem and Bio in Pre-Ib and just Chem in IB)

@Costello: It may. Actually the english A course is the lang lit course so the course are not really similar. On the other hand I am a huge fan of language and I am very good at it --- this is why I'm dropping Chem now in order to focus on my three HLs to get straight 7s. (Then I might get a 7 in Chem SL etc.)

@4fair. Yeah that is the question (:

German universities should not look down on you unless you did one of three things (in which case the IB will simply not be accepted):

1. Did not take either Math or a Science at HL

2. Took Math studies

3. Chose any of the "soft subjects" including but not limited to ITGS, film, dance,...

Edited by Eastcoast93