Hi!

I'm planning on doing my extended essay in Biology. Here is my research question:

"How does anaesthetics numb specific areas (nerves) in the mouth?"

My question now is, how am I supposed to make an experiment related to this? I've been looking around trying to find something which I am authorized to do, but there's nothing to find.

A quick answer would be so lovely seeing as I need to hand in my plan tomorrow for approval.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone? PLEASE HELP, GOT ONLY 2 HOURS LEFT!

Thank you :D

Edited by Sandwich
Please don't make new posts, but edit old posts if you have something to add.

Yes, after doing some further research I've found that even if I was going to compare and investigate different type of local anaesthetics, such as Lidocaine and Novocaine, I wouldn't be able to get hold of it.

So, getting back to square one and researching some more about the nervous system I can't really find something 'interesting' that could be a good question for EE.

Any suggestions?

Any experiments involving physiology of living animals are, under the constraints of experimenting on people and animals, inevitably going to be quite boring. Think of extremely tame examples of nervous system function which can be tested - for instance, reflexes. Then see if you can some up with anything else.

You DO have to think up your EE title yourself I'm afraid, we can't do it for you. Coming up with what to do your EE on is, for good or for bad, often the most time-consuming part of the whole thing!