My Subject Choices. Need Some HELP.

THE IBKID

Which subject should I take next year? History HL or ITGS HL? I have an equal interest in both technology and history.

My Subjects:

Math HL

Physics HL

Chemistry HL

ITGS or History HL

Arabic Lang and Lit SL

English Lang and Lit SL

I am planning on dropping one of those HL subjects by next year.

I am also planning on majoring in Computer Science.

Should I change any of these subjects to something else? Is it too hard?

Thanks In Advance! :)

Taking Physics and Math And Chem As HL need a hardcore brain dude !! you can cope with these subject but with huge amount of effort and time espcially for Math HL which will consume your life and IB time !! be careful and for History/ITGS pick ITGS it's a fairly nice subject don't know about histoy though :S

• Like 1

Why don't you just take 3 HLs at the start instead of dropping one at the end? Or take all 4 HLs to the end? Go big or go home. :ashika:

You don't need ITGS for computer science and I doubt it'll help you that much anyway. History HL is interesting and it is possible to learn all of the information if you learn it well and start early.

It won't be too hard if you enjoy the subjects and work well at it. I know a few people with that HL combination and they're doing fine. I'm not sure what the work load is like in ITGS so I can't really help you there.

• Like 1

ITGS is supposed to be pretty sad, and not really relevant for computer sci/engineering.

Colleges have no IB requirements when it comes to taking IB courses for computer science, though obviously they would prefer you do HL computer science. Keep Math and Physics HL. Make Computer Science HL IF its an option in your school.

Take History SL.

And if you can, self study/take a tutor for AP Computer Science AB

• Like 1

Which subject should I take next year? History HL or ITGS HL? I have an equal interest in both technology and history.

My Subjects:

Math HL

Physics HL

Chemistry HL

ITGS or History HL

Arabic Lang and Lit SL

English Lang and Lit SL

I am planning on dropping one of those HL subjects by next year.

I am also planning on majoring in Computer Science.

Should I change any of these subjects to something else? Is it too hard?

Thanks In Advance! :)

IB's ITGS is really pathetic, it has nothing to do with IT directly and is dull. History on the other hand is interesting, will expand your views of politics and general societies.

Also about your other three HL combinations, good choice. It needs a good grasp on math and if you truly enjoy math, you will definitely be happy.

Good luck mate :)

Taking Physics and Math And Chem As HL need a hardcore brain dude !! you can cope with these subject but with huge amount of effort and time espcially for Math HL which will consume your life and IB time !! be careful and for History/ITGS pick ITGS it's a fairly nice subject don't know about histoy though :S

Math HL in no way consumes your life although I would be lying if I said it needs no practice. Math HL can be made easy with a good teacher and an average of 1-2hour maths per week or about 10 hours of math on Saturday (hehe) but if you enjoy it, you wont feel the strain.

• Like 1