Biology HL P1 and P2 - TZ2

vids.10

In paper 1, what was the answer for that soil and mineral thing? The K+ ions were supposed to move by which transport method??? I think it was either active transport or simple diffusion, and i remember they had mentioned MOSTLY in the question, but not sure, what was the answer?

Also, in paper 2, Sec A, i guess it was the last question where they asked something about the importance of vascular bundle, the xylem and phloem thing, and it was 3 marks. What all we had to write for those 3 marks?

Can someone please tell me the total marks for Sec A, Q1, data based?

Thank you and all the best :good:

K+ ions are mostly taken by the root via active transport but sometimes it can be absorbed by simple diffusion so the answer is active transport..

for the importance of vascular bundle I'm not really sure but this is what I wrote: if a plant has the bundle then it can grow taller since it ca transport food + water from one place to the other. In addition by being able to transport stuff then some organs can differentiate to produce sugar (source) while other can turn into storage organs (sink). Thirdly I said that both Xylem & phloem are cover with legnin which is strong and contributes to the plants strength and its shape...

The anti-fever question was a big one it was worth 11 marks and I totally missed up over there.. I hope it doesn't miss up my overall mark I really did well in paper 1 & 3 + my IA was great..

Oh then my K+ ions is wrong! I wrote simple diffusion..:(

Same is the case with me!! anti fever question should not mess up everything..everything else was great! P1+P3+IA...Let's hope for the best! Fingers crossed..

Guest jb1234

In paper 1, what was the answer for that soil and mineral thing? The K+ ions were supposed to move by which transport method??? I think it was either active transport or simple diffusion, and i remember they had mentioned MOSTLY in the question, but not sure, what was the answer?

Also, in paper 2, Sec A, i guess it was the last question where they asked something about the importance of vascular bundle, the xylem and phloem thing, and it was 3 marks. What all we had to write for those 3 marks?

Can someone please tell me the total marks for Sec A, Q1, data based?

Thank you and all the best :good:

K+ ions are mostly taken by the root via active transport but sometimes it can be absorbed by simple diffusion so the answer is active transport..

for the importance of vascular bundle I'm not really sure but this is what I wrote: if a plant has the bundle then it can grow taller since it ca transport food + water from one place to the other. In addition by being able to transport stuff then some organs can differentiate to produce sugar (source) while other can turn into storage organs (sink). Thirdly I said that both Xylem & phloem are cover with legnin which is strong and contributes to the plants strength and its shape...

The anti-fever question was a big one it was worth 11 marks and I totally missed up over there.. I hope it doesn't miss up my overall mark I really did well in paper 1 & 3 + my IA was great..

Oh then my K+ ions is wrong! I wrote simple diffusion.. :(

Same is the case with me!! anti fever question should not mess up everything..everything else was great! P1+P3+IA...Let's hope for the best! Fingers crossed..

Im not too sure it is active transport for the K+. Our teacher told us that H+ ions are actively transported out of the plant, creating a more negative potential inside the plants. As a a result minerals, K+, can be passively taken up by the plant. This requires special channels so I put facilitated transport or whatever the alternative was...

Thats how I reasoned.. hope IB allows for two answers, they sometimes do on those Paper 1s..

Im not too sure it is active transport for the K+. Our teacher told us that H+ ions are actively transported out of the plant, creating a more negative potential inside the plants. As a a result minerals, K+, can be passively taken up by the plant. This requires special channels so I put facilitated transport or whatever the alternative was...

Thats how I reasoned.. hope IB allows for two answers, they sometimes do on those Paper 1s..

What you are saying is correct.. This is one way that plants do take up some minerals but not K+ ions.. It's clearly mentioned is some IB books (IB study guide by Andrew Allott + a green book by Peeters from the IPID press) that potassium, phosphate and nitrates are actively transported into the roots due to there low concentration in the soil.. They do generally accept different answers.. I hope this year they will accept different interpretations to the graphs..

What you are saying is correct.. This is one way that plants do take up some minerals but not K+ ions.. It's clearly mentioned is some IB books (IB study guide by Andrew Allott + a green book by Peeters from the IPID press) that potassium, phosphate and nitrates are actively transported into the roots due to there low concentration in the soil.. They do generally accept different answers.. I hope this year they will accept different interpretations to the graphs..

yes!that's what i want.. different interpretations to the graphs...

About the vascular tissue, I wrote the advantage of lignified walls, transportation of water through xylem tissues and transport of food (easier provision of energy) through the phloem tissue.

even i wrote that but i'm not sure if it's sufficient for those 3 marks, and is it what they wanted? Lets see anyways. :dunno: