Connecteur Logique

Hi,

My French B exam is this Tuesday. I was just wondering can someone explain the jist of connecteur logique to me? For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about it, connecteur logique is that part you see on Paper 1 where the word is replaced with a [X] or a number like [1] or [2]. Often, the word bank given to you has words like contre, mais, avant de, jamais, apres que, etc.

Is there a way to easily answer this section? Tips, suggestions?

Anything is appreciated!

A coonecteur logique is just a word or two that joins two simpler sentences into one sentence.

Just learn the meanings of the words that usually come up, like the ones you mentioned and bien que, combien, etc. On the exam, just use the meanings of the phrase to help you decide what word goes where. If you can't figure out the meaning in French, just translate the whole phrase into English in your head and translate the connecteurs into English and see what fits where. It usually works, but only do this if you can't do it in French. If you can't translate one or two words don't fret, as long as you can guess the general meaning of the phrase or even just what the noun and what the verb is.

There's not really a magic formula to do well on this section, but hopefully that was of some help.