IB Revision Courses

haninmt

Is it any good to take one of these 'IB revision courses' that are being held during the summer. I know that there won't be any in my town but I've heard that there is one in the capital (Stockholm).

Anyone who've been there and done it? Is it really worth its money or is it better to study by my own?

In my opinion, it's better to study by yourself but if you need help with stuff, to employ a tutor with the money you've saved from not going on the course - they can give you 1:1 help directly targeted at your own problems.

It depends on how confident you are that you CAN study by yourself. Some people say revision courses are good for motivating you and forcing you to do the work. Me, I don't find that's my problem (well yeah, procrastination is an issue but that's always an issue) and I honestly think that doing an hour's revision at my pace > doing an hour's revision at an average based on the pace of people who may be faster or slower than me. Revision is a personal thing you have to do. Really though, it depends on each individual as to what they need. If you can think of aspects in your own learning which could be improved through going on a course then by all means go for it, but it's about weighing up the pros and cons both financially and in terms of time efficiency.

For instance I might not have a problem motivating myself to revise for REAL exams, but just reviewing my IB1 stuff over the summer between IB1 and IB2 = yawn. As they say,

! So if that's what you really want to do, maybe a revision course IS the only way to force yourself through it!
  • Like 1