EE - Visual Art Topic. Help?

laz3r

So I'm starting my EE and I want to do it on Visual Arts. Thing is, I really am at a loss for topics. I've read the guides provided in this forum and I've come to realise that most is about an artist, a style, or a particular artistic aspect of a local region. So I thought about it again and I realized that I would be really interested to do something about colour but, would it still be an Art-type of EE if I talk about logos of companies and how the colour theory of each draws in consumers? Or would that be too business-like?

Much help needed and all contributions appreciated. Thanks!

It's true that the IBO strongly recommends personal contacts with artists or curators, and the use of local or primary sources. If you have suitable contacts that doesn't exclude studying company logos, as long as the emphasis of your EE is on their artistic significance rather than colour psychology. How about focussing your investigation more on style and artistic expression rather than colour selection?

If I investigate the artistic significance of logos, can I do it on multiple logos or the evolution of a logo and how it is connected with the trends of the perception of 'beauty' at those times? That would be ok, right? Or is it too technical?

btw, thanks for replying :)

If I investigate the artistic significance of logos, can I do it on multiple logos or the evolution of a logo and how it is connected with the trends of the perception of 'beauty' at those times? That would be ok, right? Or is it too technical?

btw, thanks for replying :)

I think that it would be best to make a systematic investigation of the evolution of a number of logos. That will allow you to make interesting comparisons and highlight common trends, demonstrating the critical artistic analysis expected in the EE. Yes, by all means link this with the changing historical and cultural contexts.

However, you could narrow the topic by focusing on one field of interest, such as automobiles. There are over 100 car manufacturers to choose from, and the logos of many of them have evolved in interesting ways over the years. eg:

http://www.carlogo.o...ml#.T7yIRo57lvg

(This is just an example - you should pick something in which you have a personal interest!)