History Essays Are TERRIBLE! Requesting back up!

toribaldwin17

(NOT HI)

To what extent do you agree or disagree with these statements:

1. The period of reconstruction in the U.S. was a success.

2. What was the Import Substitution Industrialization and how did it benefit Latin America during the Depression.

I have to write an essay tomorrow on one of these two. I am terrible at remembering facts. Is there anything you suggest would be MOST IMPORTANT to include in my writing? Thank you!

Okay well what I do know is that for number one, I believe that Reconstruction was not a success because the south still found ways to punish black people (Jim Crow laws, KKK), the economies were still split (agriculture vs. industry), and that the nation could still not be content with the law (S. not following abolitionists or 13/14/15th amendments).

I know less about number two. I know that the ISI was put in place to replace the exported products in Latin America with items imported. There was a protective tariff on imports (I guess for more money to economy?). Urbanization occurred as the population grew - I guess it was because there was more imported food for sustainability? And they began to develop modern transportation for trade.

That is about all I know. I'm still really iffy about the 2nd question!

If you think you're low on facts (you know the basics but that's it), focus on the structure of the essay! A good structure can and will gain you some marks. :)

And for the second question, you can right away see that there is an assumption, so if you want to reach higher markbands you have to challenge it!