Universities in the EU

Mandiloquence

Ouch... Trying to find out what an A level equivalent is is hard, but I think we have some A Level students here, so they might be able to help you with it. I don't know how honors compares with A level physics.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. :) Though I wish there was a conversion chart somewhere...

Oh, and about the predicted grades issue from a few posts ago: our school does have to give the IBO predicted grades...but we don't get to see them. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I stay in India and I want to get into an university in U.K preferably imperial college

I have my IB 1st yr scores in hand which are pretty decent (40)

Do I need to answer toefl or ielts???

And what are my chances

You won't need TOEFL or IELTS, since I'm presuming that you do English A1?

Your scores aren't the only thing, they will also take your Personal Statement and Teacher Reference into consideration before they make a conditional offer to you. It does seem that 40 points does surpass the minimum requirement, but if the course is heavily subscribed then, that won't be the only deciding factor.

• 2 weeks later...
You won't need TOEFL or IELTS, since I'm presuming that you do English A1?

Your scores aren't the only thing, they will also take your Personal Statement and Teacher Reference into consideration before they make a conditional offer to you. It does seem that 40 points does surpass the minimum requirement, but if the course is heavily subscribed then, that won't be the only deciding factor.

So if i have a good personal statement and recommendation letters ,What are my chance in good Uk universities ( Oxbridge,Imperial,etc). And 40 points are my 1 semester ponits ,second semester is 42 and the predicted is expected to be abt 42-43

Edited by Vineet1352

It's my understanding that the Universities don't get to see ANY of your semester or term grades, and ONLY your predicted grades (along with PS, recommendations etc.)

TOEFL and IELTS are only for students who do not have english as a mother-tongue... which I believe is covered by having a 4+ in English A1 or English A2 (please corret me if I'm wrong.)