Sign in to follow this  

IB Retreat

I was wondering if anybody else has these in their school. Well, in my school, it takes place during May for first year IB students and we go camping, white water rafting, late night astronomy, etc....

This is my first time going in about a month and I would like to know if anybody else has "celebrated" ( :) ) this cool day for IB students

lol

We go to a camp for 4 days in September or October, go skiing/snowboarding in january or so, and after IB exams, we have one last camp for a 2 days, just to wrap things up

We had a "CAS Camping Trip" in a national park in the beginning of the year (IB1), it was fun and everyone got action from it as well.

we had one, in grade ten, near the end, where they bribed us with hot dogs and orange juice, and told us about CAS. they made it seem awesome.

It may have been because I was "happy" at the time, but IB seemed like an awesome thing.

On a side note, wheneever they feel something's wrong, they pull us out of class, explain that "it's exactly like academic" and "you'll get the same if you were in a non IB class!!"

Just a month ago, they took us out of first to tell us about how universities accept students from IB more than non Ibs.

Lies and lies.

There are heaps of IB school around where I live that do IB camps. However my school doesn't. But we do have IB days where we spend all day working on EE or Group 4 project or Group 4 Practicals or ToK instead of doing classes, which is nice.

Hmmm, so it all depends on the school i think.. :) But my school only get one camping trip plus field trips and stuff ( I GET TO A THEME PARK TO DO A PHYSICS EXPERIMENT!!!)

Sorry for the Caps Lock, I felt like yelling :)

my bad for double posting, but does anybody have their IB Retreat in the beginning of the year? ( some people i know have and some didnt)

-mine unfortunately is in May, last week of it too:(

Hmmm, so it all depends on the school i think.. :yes: But my school only get one camping trip plus field trips and stuff ( I GET TO A THEME PARK TO DO A PHYSICS EXPERIMENT!!!)

Sorry for the Caps Lock, I felt like yelling :P

By any chance, are you going to Busch Gardens for Physics day? Because I went last year, and that was amazing! But it wasn't for an IB Physics class, because our school doesn't offer IB Physics. :D

It was tons of fun though!

gosh I'm missing out!

My school doesn't do any IB camp or anything lol. The best we get is an overseas trip to a third world country for our CAS- build houses etc.

That hardly counts as relaxation.. :yes:

By any chance, are you going to Busch Gardens for Physics day? Because I went last year, and that was amazing! But it wasn't for an IB Physics class, because our school doesn't offer IB Physics. :yes:

It was tons of fun though!

LOL, sorry i have no idea where or what busch gardens is... :P I live in Canada so theres not alot of great amusement parks to go to :D unlike the US (six flags!!!)

LOL, sorry i have no idea where or what busch gardens is... :) I live in Canada so theres not alot of great amusement parks to go to :) unlike the US (six flags!!!)

Haha, it's fine, Busch Gardens really isn't that exciting anyway. But I'm sure there are at least a few cool amusement parks in Canada? Or you could always visit here and go to Six Flags. B)

Haha, it's fine, Busch Gardens really isn't that exciting anyway. But I'm sure there are at least a few cool amusement parks in Canada? Or you could always visit here and go to Six Flags. B)

YAhh, there are some, but i dont think they are THAT well known around the world

some are: Paramount Canada's Wonderland

Playland (or PNE)

GalaxyLand (West Edmonton Mall)

i can only recall those lol

gosh I'm missing out!

My school doesn't do any IB camp or anything lol. The best we get is an overseas trip to a third world country for our CAS- build houses etc.

That hardly counts as relaxation.. :)

God! I would hardly complain about that. I would have loved to do that if my school offered it. Obviously compassion isn't your strength.

I was wondering if anybody else has these in their school. Well, in my school, it takes place during May for first year IB students and we go camping, white water rafting, late night astronomy, etc....

This is my first time going in about a month and I would like to know if anybody else has "celebrated" ( :P ) this cool day for IB students

hey where do u go to school????? i think my friend did this and she goes to weston in canada

Damn! We used to have trips for a week at the beginning of each school year... until the IB, where they cancel that plan.

However, we've been to Paris, Wales and London on various 'IB related trips' for "coursework"... I can't put enought emphasis on the sarcastic *yeah, like we worked* aspect of it

in my school they did some sort of an 'inter-cas' experience between ib students in many (campus? campuses? help?) of the school, and it gave people cas hours while having some fun and helping people and such. and everytime we go to museums and to the theater etc it's only IB students, since in every other program my school offers (there's three more) people change subjects each semester and make up their own schedule, hence, we're the only ones of which they can cancel some classes without any problems.