Erasmus vs Tilburg vs Hult vs Bocconi vs Northeastern

itsjustib

Hi, I am currently studying at Northeastern University (completed 2 semesters for Economics and Business), but I am looking to transfer. So far I have sent out applications to Erasmus University - Rotterdam School of management (International Business), Tilburg University (International Business), Hult International Business School London (International Business) and I am looking to apply to Bocconi University in Milan for their degree in International Economics, Management and Finance.

I have the IB diploma (32 points) and meet the requirements of all the unis, although Bocconi might be a little competitive, as it is the last of three rounds of admission and it is the shortest one where they only look at grades and CV, and not at the letter of motivation. I have also done the interview with Hult, which only the applicants in the second cut do. I might have a problem as the confirmation for a study place at Hult is before I would get admission at Bocconi.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of these unis? Has anyone been to these, is looking to study there or is studying at them?

Thanks!

Tilburg University (admitted)

Erasmus University (not admitted)

Hult Int. Business School (admitted - declined the offer)

Bocconi (currently applying)

Also applied to Cass Business School in London

Edited by itsjustib

• 5 weeks later...

When applying to netherlands, you don't have to worry about the IB at all haha! They know it's really tough and they only ask for a 24 not because the uni is bad but because they really appreciate IB and knows how tough it is so with more than a 24, you easily get in :) (personal experience) Erasmus university is good and has a really good reputation for business. Best for business in the Netherlands for sure! And europe! (according to rankings, netherlands = best for business) The only disadvantage for uni in netherlands is that they do expect a lot of self-study and so, IF you have questions you really need to speak up but they quality of teaching is good and teachers genuinely want you to understand what's being taught. They are friendly and easy to approach.

Any particular questions?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to Tilburg :) There's no exact points needed,, just the diploma. Some unis ask for it like I guess in other cities. I'm going onto the Liberal Arts and Sciences and they just ask for the diploma, if anything check out the websites :)!

But I hear Erasmus is the BEST business school :)

• 2 weeks later...

When applying to netherlands, you don't have to worry about the IB at all haha! They know it's really tough and they only ask for a 24 not because the uni is bad but because they really appreciate IB and knows how tough it is so with more than a 24, you easily get in :) (personal experience) Erasmus university is good and has a really good reputation for business. Best for business in the Netherlands for sure! And europe! (according to rankings, netherlands = best for business) The only disadvantage for uni in netherlands is that they do expect a lot of self-study and so, IF you have questions you really need to speak up but they quality of teaching is good and teachers genuinely want you to understand what's being taught. They are friendly and easy to approach.

Any particular questions?

Thanks for you input. Unfortunately I did not get accepted into Erasmus' program. I checked out Tilburg and the uni is great, but the location is pretty bland and boring tbh.

Any opinions on Bocconi, Cass Business School and Northeastern? :)

I think you can get into a better uni than Bocconi. From what I've heard, it's quite expensive and requirements for application are very low (3 girls in one generation got lowest marks - 21 - in their generation and they all went to Bocconi). That says something about the quality of education, doesn't it?