Examiner's Reports

shotaway

I'm not too sure where to put this, but I think that Examiner's Reports are a very useful tool for students reaching the time for their exams and IAs. They're also few and far between on the Internet...does anybody have some they would like to share? I know they're more sensitive documents than say, syllabi, but I have some I wouldn't mind uploading, and if anyone could possibly return the favour, that would be beneficial for all of us?

Cheers.

Hmm, what exactly do these subject (or examiner's) reports contain?

And does anyone know where we could obtain them if they can't be hosted on here?

A subject report (examiner's report) is a document put out by senior examiners after an exam session. It contains examiner evaluation about how well students answered certain questions, areas that appeared weak for candidates, comments on internal assessment and grade boundaries. It is very very helpful to take a look at them, because it gives you insight into what examiners actually want. They also have sections entitled recommended teaching of future candidates which your teachers should exercise in class.

You can buy the subject reports from the ibo store. I'm not sure if the IBO condones teachers showing students the subject reports as I believe the idea is that teachers summarize and explain to the candidates what they need to do go score well rather than students analysing the subject reports themselves. Unfortunately I don't know, however, if you have the funds you can buy the subject reports whether your an IB student or not.

A subject report (examiner's report) is a document put out by senior examiners after an exam session. It contains examiner evaluation about how well students answered certain questions, areas that appeared weak for candidates, comments on internal assessment and grade boundaries. It is very very helpful to take a look at them, because it gives you insight into what examiners actually want. They also have sections entitled recommended teaching of future candidates which your teachers should exercise in class.

You can buy the subject reports from the ibo store. I'm not sure if the IBO condones teachers showing students the subject reports as I believe the idea is that teachers summarize and explain to the candidates what they need to do go score well rather than students analysing the subject reports themselves. Unfortunately I don't know, however, if you have the funds you can buy the subject reports whether your an IB student or not.

Ah, thank you. I believe I have copies of these for Mathematics EE's (which I obtained from my supervisor), which I'm assuming are similar to those regarding exam questions?

I may look into purchasing a few of those, considering that some of my teachers give us almost no guidance on how to approach IB questions. And I would LOVE to know what's going on inside the heads of those examiners! :angryspeech:

Well you should askl your teacher first before you buy them because they can get them for free of the OCC on the IBO website so, you won't even have to buy them if your teachers are willing to download them off the internet.

Even better! I'll just have to find my teachers at a time when they aren't busy...joy, that's going to be difficult.

Do any of your teachers seem to have any free time?

• 3 years later...