Average Marks for Labs?

Entreri

Hey guys, I'm confused about the average mark that people get on labs. My friends and I last semester would always get around 8-9 marks out of 12. Is that good?

If you want more details about where I lost the marks, I don't remember and the school keeps them under file.

It's decent, however in order to get a 6 or a 7 on your portfolio you should be aiming for a 5 or a 6 in each criterion each time. Unfortunately, what often happens is that the portfolios get marked down a lot. That being said you can make up for an average or weaker portfolio (either because your labs sucked or you were moderated down) by doing very well on the exam portion.

That's pretty much the average at my school too. But like Emy said, they tend to get moderated down a lot so try to do as well as you can on the lab portion so that the moderation won't be drastic to your grade.

Ask your teacher if you can see your lab again so you know where you went wrong so you can improve for next time. I wish I could have done this, unfortunately my teachers marked all of my labs right before the deadline to send them to the IBO (so you see, it's not only students who procrastinate...) so I didn't get to see the feedback in time to improve the next lab.