Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Did anyone else have to do this work? If so, what exactly is meant by the "nature of theatrical fiction" and how does this relate to the role of the player king in the work?

I have to do a seminar on the role of the player king in the piece and I am planning on discussing the relationship between art and life, the levels of illusion and the nature of theatrical fiction but I think I'm confusing myself on the last argument and now I don't know exactly what it means.

[quote name='__inthemaking' post='14941' date='Apr 13 2008, 01:58 PM']Did anyone else have to do this work? If so, what exactly is meant by the "nature of theatrical fiction" and how does this relate to the role of the player king in the work?

I have to do a seminar on the role of the player king in the piece and I am planning on discussing the relationship between art and life, the levels of illusion and the nature of theatrical fiction but I think I'm confusing myself on the last argument and now I don't know exactly what it means.[/quote]

Well I would describe theatrical fiction as the allusion of life;of how the player king seems real to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern yet at the same time he is just a character in the play. You could implement the element of foreshadowing and how that the theatrical fiction could act as a setting of fake circumstances being intertwined with the real. I don't know if that will help but I hope it does.

• Like 1