Need a little help with predicted grades!

foodismylove

So basically I messed my grade 11 exams up and I just got my report card and my grades are pretty bad.

I know that I can really improve my grades next year but I'm just scared that my predicted grades will be based on

the grades from this year because that will be terrible... :tears:

I am planning to spend this entire summer on improving in all of my weak areas and I just want to know if I have time next year to improve my grades

Is it better to redo grade 11 in another school (because I will be to embarrassed in this one) or can I still improve my grades and get higher predicted grades?

If I take a gap year will my predicted grades count at all when I apply to universities?

and I had pretty bad absences too this year, next year I will do my best to ever miss class but if you have really bad absences in grade 11 does that affect my applications and such?

• Like 1

Guest Zoya (aka: ziasha)

hey actually i have good news for you, Our ib predicted do a little depend on our marks for 11 but mostly its our attitude and the potential that teachers see in us. Yes they do look at your grade 11 marks but they do see how hard working your are, how much your potential ism how motivated you are. So yeah you still have a shot. in my school we have retests so we can improve our scores then too :) you can try retests too :P:peace:

Hope this helps :clap:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Well my predicted grades were based on last year (which was very bad), but after changing from science stream to commerce stream (by dropping chemistry, bio) and taking Business management ( I changed because I found my interest at last), my grades improved tremendously during second year (jumped from 24 to 35). :)

Even then my school was adamant to consider my IB1 grades (despite change in subject) my predicted grades were set according to the IB1's (which was terrible). After failed attempts to convince them, I indirectly convinced all the universities by personal statement (for UK unis) that my predicted grades were set according to 'previous record' and not based on my current performance.

And now despite few of the teachers telling me to aim for the universities which is according to my predicted, I am glad to say that I didn't listen to them and aimed for all universities with higher grades. Got two offers and I became more happy to see the surprised face of the co-coordinator when she heard my offer :D

Work hard for IB2 and try to score good for first 2 terms so that you don't give any chance for the school to issue low predicted.

• Like 3

just wonderin, if i did ok on IB1 but not so well on IB2, would they like predict me lower than before?

i was sick and my grades definitely dropped early sem of IB2..

what do u guys think?

Talk to your teachers and ask them! Different teachers have different ways of setting predictions, so it's hard to know otherwise. This is especially as you can explain why your grades dropped, which may make them reconsider if they dropped your predictions.

• Like 2

Hi,

Well my predicted grades were based on last year (which was very bad), but after changing from science stream to commerce stream (by dropping chemistry, bio) and taking Business management ( I changed because I found my interest at last), my grades improved tremendously during second year (jumped from 24 to 35). :)

Even then my school was adamant to consider my IB1 grades (despite change in subject) my predicted grades were set according to the IB1's (which was terrible). After failed attempts to convince them, I indirectly convinced all the universities by personal statement (for UK unis) that my predicted grades were set according to 'previous record' and not based on my current performance.

And now despite few of the teachers telling me to aim for the universities which is according to my predicted, I am glad to say that I didn't listen to them and aimed for all universities with higher grades. Got two offers and I became more happy to see the surprised face of the co-coordinator when she heard my offer :D

Work hard for IB2 and try to score good for first 2 terms so that you don't give any chance for the school to issue low predicted.

How much is ur predicted grades? Are we supposed to know?

Hi,

No, you are not supposed to know your predicted, but you can ask for the predicted grade range. Mine was 28-30 range.

Hi,

No, you are not supposed to know your predicted, but you can ask for the predicted grade range. Mine was 28-30 range.

congrats for getting the offer!

Hi,

congrats for getting the offer!

Thanks! Hope your application goes good.

• Like 1