IB INSANE!

This is my question, how many of you think that IB has actually made you insane? I have to say that for me and most of my class, the answer is yes. I remember last year when we were taking the physics SL test, we started singing row, row, row your boat, in rounds. The proctor, who is our coordinator and TOK teacher, looked at us and said, "You people are scaring the hell out of me." And we all thought he was crazy.

but we sure like to do immensely stupid/random things in our classes

Agreed I couldn't list all of the crazy things that have happened in our classes (walking out of class for an April fools day joke, fake spiders, and the list goes on). :)

As for crazy, I'd say no. We have more stress than 'normal' students so therefore we find odd ways to relieve it.

I guess I should clarify what I meant when I said IB made me crazy. I don't mean that I am hallucinating and freaking out (though I do hear voices in my head, but they speak in spanish, so I have no idea what they're saying :) ). The joke in my class is that we are all crazy. If you are asked a question, your disclaimer is, "I think this is right, but I'm completely insane, so I could be wrong, and you might be a figment of my imagination." It got really fun once we started TOK, when we learned about subjective reality, then we were all joking that we were all in padded white rooms, and everything was imaginary. That is the kind of crazy I'm talking about. I think. :)

I don't think IB has made me crazy, exactly. Just a LOT more prone to randomness, hysteria, occasional periods of hyperactivity, and the occupation of a zombie-like state. Not insanity though.

Wait, aren't we all insane?

Or is that just an illusion?

Are we even here? Does this post really exist?

Maybe I was lying about the insanity thing? :angryspeech:

The other thing that makes me feel like I'm crazy is that I don't think like 'normal' kids my age. A 'normal' kid thinks about what they are going to do this weekend. I think about all the problems in the world and how they can be fixed. I hang out after school with my friend and my little brother, IB James and pianojames111, and we debate and discuss the world's problems, when a normal kid would never do that. Ugh, I need a vacation, away from people and IB.

The other thing that makes me feel like I'm crazy is that I don't think like 'normal' kids my age. A 'normal' kid thinks about what they are going to do this weekend. I think about all the problems in the world and how they can be fixed. I hang out after school with my friend and my little brother, IB James and pianojames111, and we debate and discuss the world's problems, when a normal kid would never do that.

Hahat thats so true though. But I like that particular crazy IBness :angryspeech: . another thing is that I know all my IB teachers really well to the point now 2 years later I am still in email contact with them and most of them are on my facebook friend list. but that might have something to do with the fact one of them was the mother of one of my closest friends, and all teachers lived in this one neighbourhood so whenever i go see my friend I'd bump into teachers left and right. try that for 4 years. :P

• 1 month later...

i am living proof the IB can make a oerson insane, currently i'm in grade 7- almost 8 and not in IB yet, but i'm gping to apply and i've been going inane trying to make sure my avaerage for all my report cards in grade secven stay 89 just for the Ib program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :good::help::dash::help:

Edited by missrunway

i am living proof the IB can make a oerson insane, currently i'm in grade 7- almost 8 and not in IB yet, but i'm gping to apply and i've been going inane trying to make sure my avaerage for all my report cards in grade secven stay 89 just for the Ib program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dash::help::help::good:

haha..don't worry, you're still in middle school.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest an_unemotional_guy

let me teel you the day i snap...i splash paint at others, i made my spanish teacher cry, in tok i sat on a window ledge and saying bam bam to people coming into the building, i sang im so lonely in bio, i gave my history teacher laptop a virus, started a food fight, kicked out the math teacher out of his class and cooled down during english. the next day everyone said that was fun and my teachers didnt do anything due to my excellent acting.hahahahahahahahahahahahaa