A way of getting more members into IBS

MariusIBDP

I came up with this idea to make people insist on their friends to join the IBS. I think that most of the members here want VIP, but won't pay for it. In order to do so, you have to be active by writting posts and uploading files. In these no exact number of files or posts are given (even though I heard a rumor it has to be over 100 posts) that will grant you VIP.

What if there would be another requirement for free VIP - inviting a number of (let's say 5) friends to join IBS. When you register, you could choose a member that has invited you to join IBS. Without having 5 members pointing you as their invitator (yes, I just made up a new word), it is impossible to get free VIP.

Main limitation would probably be that peole would start creating fake accounts. However, people would still be more active in inviting people here and numbers would start increasing more rapidly. Also, every one of these 5 people would have to post at least, let's say, 5 posts to be considered valid. This might prevent people from simply creating fake accounts. I'm just not sure whether it's possible to do so.

What do you think?

I think the number of members is already increasing in a quite satisfying rate. and anyway, we need more people who are willing and able to help others, and not too many of those who ask for help. I mean, of course, the purpose of this forum is to provide help, but when the ratio becomes too unbalanced, it would be chaotic. isn't that the reason why we grant VIP to those who are helpful?

and anyway, nowadays, there are too many questions left unanswered. I think it would be wiser for the forum to encourage existing members to provide more help, than to gain more "inactive" members.

PS. I'm only sharing my opinion - my words are by no mean representative of the whole forum!

Edited by Desy Glau
  • Like 2