my chemistry EE topic - the quantity of tannin in different varieties of tea leaves.

islandemofreak

the quantity of tannin in different varieties of tea leaves.

the sub topic would be finding whether the amount of tannin has any correlation to the antioxidant capacity of tea leaves.

the sub topic is kinda random , i just thought of it without research. lets say if there is no correlation between tannin and antioxidant capacity, would i lose marks?

[quote name='islandemofreak' post='15050' date='Apr 15 2008, 05:19 AM']the quantity of tannin in different varieties of tea leaves.

the sub topic would be finding whether the amount of tannin has any correlation to the antioxidant capacity of tea leaves.

the sub topic is kinda random , i just thought of it without research. lets say if there is no correlation between tannin and antioxidant capacity, would i lose marks?[/quote]

Well, I would suggest that you do a little more research before you choose this as your definite topic, but I don't believe that you would lose marks if there is no correlation. After all, you did your experiment, and you found out valuable information. You would just need to make sure that you explain why your hypothesis was wrong. Oh, and when choosing that topic, you might want to know exactly how you're going to quantify the tannin. Good luck! :)

Guest Lily Bean

I would say that you wouldn't be penalised for the results of your experiment itself but you will probably definitely write a better essay if there were correlation, which you can then analyse, explain, whatever. so do some research to see first. dont do it if research suggest there are no correlation

Guest syrianstar

[quote name='islandemofreak' post='15050' date='Apr 15 2008, 12:19 PM']the sub topic is kinda random , i just thought of it without research. lets say if there is no correlation between tannin and antioxidant capacity, would i lose marks?[/quote]

I think it would be better to have a good link between your main and sub topic and not to leave them, as you said, random. You'll find it much easier at the end of the experiment to connect the two together and make precise observations. I guess it would also help you to build a strong essay / experiment <_<