ART EE

cookiejar

Hey y'all, I'm new to IB survival, so I'm still getting the gist of things here. Anyways, I've chosen my EE title for art:

"Is traditional animation still valid in today's society?"

Do you think its good enough? Also, don't mean to be a leech here but, do you guys have any resources like books or websites on animation? If you know anything, drop me a note please! :angryspeech:

Edited by cookiejar

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lily Bean

I agree that deissi's title seems a lot more concise and you wont just be answering a yes or no question. I think asking whether something is 'good enough' is a bit vague. Do you think you will be able to find enough material to write 4000 words on this title? I think you can but then it really depends on the type of sources you have access to.

[quote name='yazzie' post='15854' date='May 2 2008, 04:41 AM']i dont know much about animation sorry, but could you elaborate more on how you plan on answering the question? and ill see what i can get =)[/quote]

WELLLL... I plan to talk about how our society is advancing (technology-wise) and if traditional animation is still.. well, loved. I'll look at the 'old school' animation like Tom and Jerry, Popeye and some old Disney Classics then compare then to the likes of Finding Nemo, Cars and even the Incredibles. Basically, just if there is a preference or eevn a major difference in both style of animation (like, if characterization wasn't as meaningful or careful portrayed as in the classics e.g. Friends with Pooh and Tigger (eheh I think that's what its called XD) how suddenly, they've become so... plastic.) And so on... ;) ;;

[quote name='deissi' post='15907' date='May 3 2008, 04:17 AM']You sound more concise if you edit your topic to: "To what extent is traditional animation still valid in today's society" ;) [/quote]

HAHA. We just had an EE session where they said the SAME THING. Sorry, I just found it funny is all. Basically, most of us just added 'To what extent..." 8D

[quote name='Lily Bean' post='15917' date='May 3 2008, 03:32 PM']I agree that deissi's title seems a lot more concise and you wont just be answering a yes or no question. I think asking whether something is 'good enough' is a bit vague. Do you think you will be able to find enough material to write 4000 words on this title? I think you can but then it really depends on the type of sources you have access to.[/quote]

Well, I'm not really asking whether its good or not, but more of, is it still appropriate now that our technology has improved so much that we don't need to necessarily 'animate' anymore. There are programs, such as Maya and 3d Studio, which can 'animate' for you. So, overall, I'm just trying to see if traditional animation is 'valid' now that we have 3D animation which makes animation more easier.

• 2 weeks later...