IB Physics - 7 Ways to Get a 7

AustralianIB

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What fantastic tips, keep up the great work!

Does anybody know where I can find the latest online digital version of the Physics syllabus? I have only found some from 2009 etc..

I did find this http://kasphysics.wikispaces.com/file/view/thephysicssyllabus.pdf but as it seems to be a non-official-IB document I doubt its reliability.

(Also it would be fantastic if someone could point me to the latest copies of the syllabi of the other subjects I am undertaking.)

Thank you!

Does anybody know where I can find the latest online digital version of the Physics syllabus? I have only found some from 2009 etc..

I did find this http://kasphysics.wi...icssyllabus.pdf but as it seems to be a non-official-IB document I doubt its reliability.

(Also it would be fantastic if someone could point me to the latest copies of the syllabi of the other subjects I am undertaking.)

Thank you!

Great advice and tips !

The latest physics syllabus is the 2009 one :) I believe you can find the other syllabi in the resources section of this website :)

Edited by The Rainbow Connection
  • Like 1

I did find this http://kasphysics.wi...icssyllabus.pdf but as it seems to be a non-official-IB document I doubt its reliability.

Thank you!

Great advice and tips !

The latest physics syllabus is the 2009 one :) I believe you can find the other syllabi in the resources section of this website :)

Dear Rainbow Connection,

Thank you for your reply. When I click Files at the top of the page I see that I do not have permission to download any files from this website as I am not a VIP. What can I do?

I love your display picture by the way! I have some friends in Australia. Which state do you live in?

Edited by deidara

Thank you!

Great advice and tips !

Dear Rainbow Connection,

Thank you for your reply. When I click Files at the top of the page I see that I do not have permission to download any files from this website as I am not a VIP. What can I do?

I love your display picture by the way! I have some friends in Australia. Which state do you live in?

Hmm, I believe you can download the syllabus documents without a VIP subscription: Here is a link to all the uploaded syllabi from ibsurvival: http://www.ibsurvival.com/files/category/14-ib-syllabus/

Aww thank you! :) I live in NSW feel free to pm me because this is starting to steer away from original topic :)

Thank you!

Great advice and tips !

Dear Rainbow Connection,

Hmm, I believe you can download the syllabus documents without a VIP subscription: Here is a link to all the uploaded syllabi from ibsurvival: http://www.ibsurviva...14-ib-syllabus/

Aww thank you! :) I live in NSW feel free to pm me because this is starting to steer away from original topic :)

Excellent, thank you very much for that link! I just tried downloading random articles but the website just displayed a message saying I did nothave permission.

Back to the original topic. Aside from what has been astutely covered by the original poster,

Fellow IBSurvivalnauts, what Physics advice would you give to a student starting the Diploma soon?

Importance of practising formulae? Exam revision tips? Links to useful sites? Easiest and most difficult topics?

Thank you all.

Back to the original topic. Aside from what has been astutely covered by the original poster,

Fellow IBSurvivalnauts, what Physics advice would you give to a student starting the Diploma soon?

Importance of practising formulae? Exam revision tips? Links to useful sites? Easiest and most difficult topics?

Thank you all.

Get pencil, paper and the syllabus and go point by point revising and demonstrating all formulae and teachers explanations, from Mechanics to Snell's law. We don't have book -apart from the one we have for the national exams, which is a way different approach to physics- so we have everything with handwritten notes and some photocopies from Paul A. Tipler "Physics for science and technology" book. The reason for this is that any of IB-oriented books haven't been published in Spanish.

And then, get past papers and revise.

And realise that sometimes topics are related, but not in order. Right now we are taking Core topic 4 (Oscillations and waves), AHL topic 11 (Wave Phenomena) and Option G (Electromagnetic waves) because they are the same thing.

And well... we haven't finished yet (we still have to do all quantum and nuclear physics plus relativity) but the hardest topic for me is Wave Phenomena, which all that diffraction and lots of formulae. And, of course, that thing of studying graphics and things which is always question A1 in every Paper 2 exam. I hate them!

Termodynamics is boring by the way. I really liked things like electric current generation and magnetism, that was fun.

Edited by eguerr
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have papers for may 2012, but not November,

did your school not offer them?

by the way do you have papers for 2011?

Does anyone of you has physics papers from Novemeber 2012? I would be very glad if anyone would send me a copy, I cannot really find it on google ;/

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was rather curious about point 3 in terms of how much lower it'll make the scores, so I thought I'd share what I found,

May 2013's mark boundaries for HL Physics was 75%. If you scored 90% on your IA, you only needed 71% across the three papers to score a 7. If you scored 100%, it's lowered further to 67%. For SL it was 71%, so for an IA mark of 90% and 100%, you need 62% and 65% respectively.

Just a fun fact. :)