Sign in to follow this  

Homeruns for Children's Hospital

I just recently thought of this "activity" I might pursue. My friends and I gather every Sunday to play some baseball so I began to think if I were to incorporate some sort "raising awareness" thing into the game I should be able to count towards my CAS hours.

Right now, I've pretty much decided that for every homerun I hit I, my parents, and others will donate a certain amount of money to the local children's hospital. I'm still contemplating whether or not to go door to door to ask for donations because these games aren't official ones as I do not belong to a local team.

Anyways...am I just crazy or perhaps I'm onto something here..? :yes:

Sounds like a great idea! Maybe you could create a local tournament (with a entrance fee per team) and donate the money to a hospital, counting the tournament as CAS (action playing baseball and creativity organising)

Lol, you are definitely not crazy! I actually think you have a good idea. I read about something similar (cant remember where), and it was about this girl who started a program called chores for hours or something. In the program, she donated the money she got from chores or from babysitting and then in return those hours that she got the money for would count toward her CAS hours. So you are definitely on the right track ^_^