Is it worth reading 50 Excellent TOK Essays?

MariusIBDP

Our teacher printed each of us one or two of those essays after we had turned in the first drafts of the TOK-essays. She chose the essays separately for each student, depending on our topics and what she thought we needed to improve in the essay. Yeah, I know, our TOK-teacher was rather awesome. :)

Never read any by myself and got an A. Our teacher did give us though 2-3 of these essays and we read/evaluated them in class. I guess you can read a couple of those in order to get an idea about what the content and structure of a good TOK essay should be. Also, before reading the essay, just go through the topic and detect which areas of knowledge you would have used and what you would have roughly said.

I found reading the 50 Excellent TOK Essays good to get an idea of how to do an EE and how specific you need to be. But it's not essential, just helpful.

And I think schools are given a CD of the essays, which doesn't allow them to post them on the internet, but if you search on Google it's not hard to find a couple. (I've already found two websites: http://www.uaisresea...ing-the-ee.html and http://jfk.dpsk12.or...Information.htm - I used "extended essay examples" as my search, if you were wondering.) The only problem with this is that sometimes they don't state the grade or the mark sheet, but it's better than nothing.

I think you have confused the TOK with EE.