IOP Topic

Hi,

Okay so our teacher has recently told us about IOPs. Mine is coming up soon and i just can not find a topic. I dont know if i want to do a discussion, a dramatic presentation, or so on. Since it can be on anything, even world war poetry i just realy dont know! I need help! Any former I.B student can give me topic ideas? Or even present I.B students.
Thanks!
Desperate need of help!

[quote name='brownorange' post='15259' date='Apr 20 2008, 06:48 PM']Hi,

Okay so our teacher has recently told us about IOPs. Mine is coming up soon and i just can not find a topic. I dont know if i want to do a discussion, a dramatic presentation, or so on. Since it can be on anything, even world war poetry i just realy dont know! I need help! Any former I.B student can give me topic ideas? Or even present I.B students.
Thanks!
Desperate need of help![/quote]

Well, I've done my IOP and scored really well (28/30), so I guess I know what is a good topic.
I did my presentation on themes, comparing two different works and explaining how the authors apply their own interpretation of a theme, thus giving us different stories.
Other people who did good worked with characterisations, book-society relationship etc., what else is great to do is to work with language, especially if you are HL.

Guest syrianstar

Thankfully I've already done my IOP :)
Our class had different types of presentations; one girl simply did an oral commentary on one of the texts, another analysed a character and explained how she thought he had a phsycological disease because of what he said / did and another did a short movie with different pictures and song lyrics and explained how she thought they related to the text she was talking about - she scored really well :)

My presentation was simply an analysis on how I thought the three texts related together (other than the obvious things like theme) and I made up a small game and which i related to my presentation.

You can do basically anything as long as it provides some literary analysis about a work and is within the time limit.
I hope this helps and I really hope you do well - Good Luck!! :)