Exams...

Guest |-|4><0|2

Guest |-|4><0|2

Ok, so my parents decide to move to Buffalo in the middle of my junior and because of problems there, back to Florida. They signed me up for all the wrong exams that I plan to take higher level next year. I canceled the econ SL exam and am forced to take the SL French exam (didn't cancel in time). Here's the problem. I will be taking all 6 IB exams next year at the end of senior year (I love French, taking it higher level of course). On top of that, I will take 3 AP exams. That's a total of 9 exams in a matter of a few weeks. Anyone else have this problem? Ugh...

English HL

History HL

Econ HL

French HL

Math SL

Chem SL

AP Macro

AP Calc BC

AP French

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????

Haha, unfortunately I'm in the same sort of position. :)

This year I'm only taking:

SL Psych

AP Psych

AP US History

AP English language

But next year I'll be taking:

HL HOA

HL Bio

AP Bio

HL Spanish

AP Spanish language

AP Spanish literature

SL Math methods

AP Calc AB

SL Chem

AP Chem

HL English

AP English comp

AP Physics

AP Micro economics

AP Macro economics

AP American Government

I hope I don't committ suicide next year. X[ And these are only the exams for May! I have to takes lots of others for college. UGH. :)

I hope for your sanity that there is alot of overlap.

Haha, there is some. But I didn't even post SATs, ACTs, or SAT IIs. :D

Thankfully I have a good short term memory, so I'm hoping to learn the details the week before the test and forget them after to make room for the details of other subjects. Should be interesting. :coffee:

• 3 weeks later...
Haha, unfortunately I'm in the same sort of position. ;)

SL Psych

AP Psych

AP US History

AP English language

HL HOA

HL Bio

AP Bio

HL Spanish

AP Spanish language

AP Spanish literature

SL Math methods

AP Calc AB

SL Chem

AP Chem

HL English

AP English comp

AP Physics

AP Micro economics

AP Macro economics

AP American Government

I hope I don't committ suicide next year. X[ And these are only the exams for May! I have to takes lots of others for college. UGH. ;)

May I ask: WHY THE HELL are you doing that to yourself?! Are you inteding to study 3-4 majors at the university?!

May I ask: WHY THE HELL are you doing that to yourself?! Are you inteding to study 3-4 majors at the university?!

I'm pleading insanity at the time of course selection. XD

Well, the problem is that I can't really decide what I want to do, and I tend to do well on almost everything I take. (No arrogance intended)

So, I'm trying to narrow down my interests and what I do the best in to choose my majors for university. :)

And while I'm not sure if I'm going to take 3-4, it'll definitely be more than one. :)

Haha, unfortunately I'm in the same sort of position. XD

SL Psych

AP Psych

AP US History

AP English language

HL HOA

HL Bio

AP Bio

HL Spanish

AP Spanish language

AP Spanish literature

SL Math methods

AP Calc AB

SL Chem

AP Chem

HL English

AP English comp

AP Physics

AP Micro economics

AP Macro economics

AP American Government

I hope I don't committ suicide next year. X[ And these are only the exams for May! I have to takes lots of others for college. UGH. :)

Why on earth are you taking BOTH AP and HL Bio/Chem and etc? I mean, even though both of them probably covers common things, you can just take one of them instead. If you're applying to a decent university then the uni should give you credit for either of them as both IB HL courses and AP courses are highly regarded.

Why on earth are you taking BOTH AP and HL Bio/Chem and etc? I mean, even though both of them probably covers common things, you can just take one of them instead. If you're applying to a decent university then the uni should give you credit for either of them as both IB HL courses and AP courses are highly regarded.

My guidance counselor suggested (quite strongly) that I take both IB and AP so that I can get more credits for whichever I get a higher grade on, and in case I fail one. :D While I highly doubt that will happen, he sounded like he was going to sign me up for them anyway, whether I wanted to take them or not, because that's what he thinks is best.

And, considering we've only had 2 people in the history of our school get 7s on HL Bio (BECAUSE THEY HAD PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORIES!) and we have a very low pass rate (Because our teacher is terrible), I'm going to take them both for insurance. Fuuun. :)

Guest iber2468

^ Unless you're aiming for an Ivy League (which in turns says something about your abilities), you're going to crash and burn in senior year. Take it from the people going through it right now.

The key to success is minimize work and maximize marks.

Of course, I was like you once. People tried to talk me out of it. I didn't listen. That's how I got stuck with Phys and Math HL (thank god I dropped to chem sl)

P.S. - if my prediction is completely off the mark, I claim ignorance in AP haha

• 2 weeks later...

For most of my classes, my guidance counselor also suggested taking the AP equivalent TEST, (though we jsut used the info we learned in the IB class)

so though next year they won't let us take AP tests, (they want us to be studying for IB and IB only), they encouraged us to take them this year WITHOUT all the info.

This Year I took (and just finished the last one!)

IB Psych SL

AP Psych

IB Physics SL

AP Physics

AP US History

AP Spanish Language

AP English Language Composition

and though not NEARLY as severe as Mandiloquence has next year, 9 days of exams in three weeks makes things interesting.

the AP US, Spanish, and English, all correspond to my HL classes that I'm taking next year. Our teachers said that should be able to do decently on the exams, though in History for example, she hasn't covered the exact info from the AP syllabus. But our school pays for all AP exams and they just figured that there would be no harm in having some passing grades (most of the AP kids fail a lot of their exams...) Still, all teachers strongly reminded us that IB comes first. I didn't study for most AP tests, just went in and hoped for the best.

and though the IB courses and AP ones differ slightly, it's the same basic knowledge. the tests didn't really add a whole lot of stress.

Edited by cranberry_isle

Mandiloquence: for AP bio and IB bio, you just take one bio class, eg. one slot in your timetable right? And then you sit two different types of exams at the end of the year...which I find to be pretty reasonable... In theory you are doing only like, 9 subjects which is still quite demanding...

SL Psych

AP Psych

AP US History

AP English language

HL HOA

HL Bio

AP Bio

HL Spanish

AP Spanish language

AP Spanish literature

SL Math methods

AP Calc AB

SL Chem

AP Chem

HL English

AP English comp

AP Physics

AP Micro economics

AP Macro economics

AP American Government

This list still freaks me out over a month later.