"IB is Hell" humor

Hey, i'm just sorta curious. The IB students at my school, as part of the "IB is hell" joke that (I think) is common with all IB students, consider the IB coordinador extremely evil, waiting for the opportunity to find an IB student alone and devour his soul. In our case, it's Ms. Bandy (or BeelzeBandy :diablo: ).

I was just wondering if any of you feel that same way about your IBC.....

...or if you actually think IB is heaven, that would be...interesting....

...or if any of you know Bandy, you probably go to my school, Ridgeview High, and we can make a big deal about the fact that we go to the same school...

PS- I gotta love this smiley: :)

Hey, i'm just sorta curious. The IB students at my school, as part of the "IB is hell" joke that (I think) is common with all IB students, consider the IB coordinador extremely evil, waiting for the opportunity to find an IB student alone and devour his soul. In our case, it's Ms. Bandy (or BeelzeBandy :diablo: ).

I was just wondering if any of you feel that same way about your IBC.....

...or if you actually think IB is heaven, that would be...interesting....

...or if any of you know Bandy, you probably go to my school, Ridgeview High, and we can make a big deal about the fact that we go to the same school...

PS- I gotta love this smiley: :)

First of all, I must say that I also love that smiley. :)

As for my IBC, she is nicer than most I've met...but anytime you are sent to her office, a chilling feeling runs down your spine. Needless to say, we try to spend the least amount of time possible with her.

Though she can be very helpful in providing information. Our class is kind of lucky because we are the last class she's taking through IB (she's retiring at the end of next year), so she has experience and knows what's going on. The downside is that she can see through excuses or BS with no effort whatsoever. :)

I really like our IBC - she's a bit like a mother to us. :coffee: And I think IB is closer to being Heaven than Hell... It might sound like I don't have anything to complain about and everything's peachy keen, and that's not entirely true, but I really love IB, even though I sometimes feel like digging a hole in the ground and staying there for a year.

What exactly is so bad about your IBC? O_o

IB isn't that bad once you get used to it. It's all about time management, and it's a good skill to develop for the future. My IB Coordinator isn't too bad. He's a little unorganized, but that just reassures us that he's a person like us (or most of us).

Anyway, I DID make an ambigram for ToK, which is a required course for the IB Diploma TOKHELL.jpg

EDIT: Also, I only did that because ToK was REALLY early in the morning. So early that the rooster doesn't even crow and that the early bird doesn't get the worm (cause we do. D= )

Edited by HMSChocolate

• 2 weeks later...

My IBC is evil. Dr. Trew is one of those wemon you expect to be related to dementors, (sorry for the harry potter refrence, i've been reading those to calm down) But when you run into her in the halls she has her days when she likes you but if you dont have something like a CAS book on time or a Lab notebook or are sent to her office you are always looking over your shoulder waiting for her to just materialize beside you.

And i would actualy liken IB more to prison than hell because my school has bars on the windows and wire fence around it and at one point they were considering Barb wire on top of the fence. Also they make the teachers keep all the classroom doors locked. They are one step away from fingerprint scanners and retna or facial recognition systems when our computers in the labs are still crap.

Edited by JeffTLPA

hey

my IBC is nicer than usual IBCs but i dont like talking to her because she seems too calm to do anything!!

whenever, we need anything we go to the principle since this is the first year our school has IB they treat the IB students the best because they want us to get good grades as the first batch with IB!! --- we have only 4 full IB students!!

Yup, our ib coordinator is universally detested for his fanatical anti-plagiarism speeches and his absolutely unbelievably annoying dates for deadlines... he always manages to find the worst date to set work for!

extended essay was due at the end of ib year one for example...

• 3 weeks later...

Our IBC is evil, plus, it has to be completely silent so you can hear what he says because he always talks like he's mumbling to himself... we usually give up trying to hear... it's worse when he suddenly stops talking and looks at you, it usually means he asked you a question... ;)

Our IBC is a bit grouchy. Whenever students complain that the teachers aren't doing something right, she sort of brushes it off and tells us to focus on our studies. BUT she's nice all the same. Somehow she knows our names without really talking to us, and after us grade 11s had our first exams, she was asking us how it was, how we felt, etc. So yeah, I don't mind her.

• 2 weeks later...

our IBC isnt bad, really. and i think he's the only one that knows what IB wants us to do for every subject, instead of the actual teachers. and the fact that hes the maths teacher is pretty cool, given that half of the class is sometimes filled with complaints about other classes and such.