Who Would You vote for in the next US presidential election?

Which one is it???  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to rule the most powerful nation on earth? (that doesn't sound to arrogant)

• McCaine
    • Obama
    • Hillary
    • Write In
    • Jimmy Buffett

Guest dragonb111
All that proves is that Obama was reluctant to cut off all ties until he had no choice. Until then, he expressed disapproval only of the comments Wright made, not the person himself (probably so as not to lose support from the Black Church).

I still don't see how Wright was speaking for Obama any more than Hagee's and Parsley's nonsense is representative of McCain.

I'm talking this election. Not the past (about McCain). Although, i do see your point about Obama. Though his pastor is the least of my worries. I'm worried about how he's gonna lead, change the economy, and help the war in iraq.

Edited by dragonb111

Guest dragonb111
Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you think the soldiers in Iraq are fighting for?

What's with a question like that?

Because what may seem obvious to you may not seem obvious to me.

You seem to support the war, because you support McCain and not Obama and you cite the Iraq war as one of those reasons. What, then, do you think these soldiers are fighting for? If I'm asking a personal question, I'll respectfully refrain from doing so. But I don't think it's an unwarranted question.

Guest dragonb111
Because what may seem obvious to you may not seem obvious to me.

You seem to support the war, because you support McCain and not Obama and you cite the Iraq war as one of those reasons. What, then, do you think these soldiers are fighting for? If I'm asking a personal question, I'll respectfully refrain from doing so. But I don't think it's an unwarranted question.

No, it's not offensive. I'm just wondering. You see (and correct me if I have the wrong idea about the war), I believe that we're fighting to straighten out Iraq's government. I don't think that it's correct to pull these troops out when we've come so far. The progress that we've made is also reversable.

There's also the fighting. While the terrorists cowardly bomb our supplies, we are stuck there waiting like sitting ducks for their next attack. I believe that if we pull out now, America will become the center of attention. And I don't mean good attention either. We'll be called cowards for pulling out and those terrorists will laugh in our faces and could even return Iraq back to its original state.

Now, if you find anything wrong with what I believe please do not hesitate to say so. Because if I don't know the truth, I'm just an idiot talking nonsense about a war. Thank you.

I believe that we're fighting to straighten out Iraq's government.

Fair enough. So you believe Iraq under Saddam Hussein's regime needed to be "straightened out". Mind you, this very same leader was himself supported by USA around the time of the Iran-Iraq War, which means that it was the US that helped create this monster to begin with, which they eventually decided to dismantle. In order to destroy a regime USA itself helped to create, thousands of American soldiers and countless Iraqi civilians have died in the process.

I don't think that it's correct to pull these troops out when we've come so far. The progress that we've made is also reversable.

It sure seems futile to try and continue building a nation that will fall back into chaos as soon as the US forces leave, doesn't it?

There's also the fighting. While the terrorists cowardly bomb our supplies, we are stuck there waiting like sitting ducks for their next attack.

War is never a dance in the park, my friend. This is the price to be paid for invading a country.

I believe that if we pull out now, America will become the center of attention. And I don't mean good attention either.

Yeah, because up until this time, America's involvement in Iraq has never been the center of negative attention. >.<

We'll be called cowards for pulling out and those terrorists will laugh in our faces

Oh no, what a travesty. The terrorists will laugh at you and call you cowards! :0

and could even return Iraq back to its original state.

As I mentioned earlier, Iraq's "original state" was brought about in large part due to American support for Saddam Hussein in the first place.

Now, if you find anything wrong with what I believe please do not hesitate to say so.

Yes, there is something. You didn't once mention the real reason Americans are in Iraq: to control the country's rich oil supply.

If you really want to know what the soldiers are fighting for, the best way to find out is probably by hearing what they have to say. Here's a video by one of the soldiers in Iraq who didn't support Obama or McCain, but Ron Paul, who was the only republican candidate that advocated withdrawing the troops immediately. We can't be 100% sure whether the person in the video is really a soldier fighting in Iraq, but Ron Paul ran a campaign which was almost entirely grassroots and therefore, it can be safely assumed, was honest and genuine.

This is what he has to say about the war he's fighting for, and why he thinks he's fighting it:

Once you understand what this war is really all about, then you may understand why it makes so much more sense to end the war and our addiction to oil rather than to prolong both and cause numerous people, soldiers and Iraqi civilians alike, to die in vain because of them. But maybe that's just my opinion too. Either way, I don't see a point in arguing this further.

Because if I don't know the truth, I'm just an idiot talking nonsense about a war.

No worries. You're only 13 and thus have a lot to learn about how the world works. >.<

Edited by Mr. Shiver

No, it's not offensive. I'm just wondering. You see (and correct me if I have the wrong idea about the war), I believe that we're fighting to straighten out Iraq's government. I don't think that it's correct to pull these troops out when we've come so far. The progress that we've made is also reversable.

I've refused thus far to get into your circular arguments, but I think I have to jump in now to stop your naivety.

Well, you're not fighting to save the Iraqi government. Iraq was functioning perfectly, albeit as a dictatorship, but the entire country was able to go about its business, without citizens having the fear of being mortared or being under the threat of a suicide bomb.

What the Americans have done, is, gone in the country, created a grand ruckus, shelled out a fair bit of the country, ****ed up the entirety of the country and now try to justify their idiocy by claiming that they have given the country democracy. Bull crap if you ask me, what's the point of democracy when the country is in an entire of unrest?

I wish your so called 'progress' was reversible. All you've done is ****ed up a country.

There's also the fighting. While the terrorists cowardly bomb our supplies, we are stuck there waiting like sitting ducks for their next attack. I believe that if we pull out now, America will become the center of attention. And I don't mean good attention either. We'll be called cowards for pulling out and those terrorists will laugh in our faces and could even return Iraq back to its original state.

Iraq in its original state was better than what it is now, sorry to say.

Now, if you find anything wrong with what I believe please do not hesitate to say so. Because if I don't know the truth, I'm just an idiot talking nonsense about a war. Thank you.

Wow, kudos to you for recognizing that you are an idiot talking nonsense.

You're a 13 year old kid that believes everything that Bush and your government forces down your throat. Sorry kid, the reality is that. Open your eyes and see the world without your bible. I promise that it'll be different.

Edit: I want to add too, do you know why your beloved country is so deep into the Iraqi borders right now? Despite having lost so many lives? The answer begins with O and ends with L. O-I-L Saddam Hussein and every other damn excuse such as the 'War on Terror" blah blah has a deeper reason to it.

Edited by Aboo

i agree with aboo, iraq was doing fine until bush descided to "help" the country out, "help" as in destroy. look at it now, is crumbling and the american troops we not angles either, i mean they also abused and harassaed iraqis, especially women

but the world did learn a lesson, never accept bush's "help" >.<

Edited by missrunway

Guest dragonb111
Fair enough. So you believe Iraq under Saddam Hussein's regime needed to be "straightened out". Mind you, this very same leader was himself supported by USA around the time of the Iran-Iraq War, which means that it was the US that helped create this monster to begin with, which they eventually decided to dismantle. In order to destroy a regime USA itself helped to create, thousands of American soldiers and countless Iraqi civilians have died in the process.

It sure seems futile to try and continue building a nation that will fall back into chaos as soon as the US forces leave, doesn't it?

War is never a dance in the park, my friend. This is the price to be paid for invading a country.

Yeah, because up until this time, America's involvement in Iraq has never been the center of negative attention. >.<

Oh no, what a travesty. The terrorists will laugh at you and call you cowards! :0

As I mentioned earlier, Iraq's "original state" was brought about in large part due to American support for Saddam Hussein in the first place.

Yes, there is something. You didn't once mention the real reason Americans are in Iraq: to control the country's rich oil supply.

If you really want to know what the soldiers are fighting for, the best way to find out is probably by hearing what they have to say. Here's a video by one of the soldiers in Iraq who didn't support Obama or McCain, but Ron Paul, who was the only republican candidate that advocated withdrawing the troops immediately. We can't be 100% sure whether the person in the video is really a soldier fighting in Iraq, but Ron Paul ran a campaign which was almost entirely grassroots and therefore, it can be safely assumed, was honest and genuine.

This is what he has to say about the war he's fighting for, and why he thinks he's fighting it:

Once you understand what this war is really all about, then you may understand why it makes so much more sense to end the war and our addiction to oil rather than to prolong both and cause numerous people, soldiers and Iraqi civilians alike, to die in vain because of them. But maybe that's just my opinion too. Either way, I don't see a point in arguing this further.

No worries. You're only 13 and thus have a lot to learn about how the world works. :P

I'll have to watch the video sometime.

I've refused thus far to get into your circular arguments, but I think I have to jump in now to stop your naivety.

Well, you're not fighting to save the Iraqi government. Iraq was functioning perfectly, albeit as a dictatorship, but the entire country was able to go about its business, without citizens having the fear of being mortared or being under the threat of a suicide bomb.

What the Americans have done, is, gone in the country, created a grand ruckus, shelled out a fair bit of the country, ****ed up the entirety of the country and now try to justify their idiocy by claiming that they have given the country democracy. Bull crap if you ask me, what's the point of democracy when the country is in an entire of unrest?

I wish your so called 'progress' was reversible. All you've done is ****ed up a country.

Iraq in its original state was better than what it is now, sorry to say.

Wow, kudos to you for recognizing that you are an idiot talking nonsense.

You're a 13 year old kid that believes everything that Bush and your government forces down your throat. Sorry kid, the reality is that. Open your eyes and see the world without your bible. I promise that it'll be different.

Edit: I want to add too, do you know why your beloved country is so deep into the Iraqi borders right now? Despite having lost so many lives? The answer begins with O and ends with L. O-I-L Saddam Hussein and every other damn excuse such as the 'War on Terror" blah blah has a deeper reason to it.

Thank you for finally joining the fun!

Well at least trying to change the government than not trying at all.

Well I blame all those people against this drilling thing. Although, I do believe with your logic.

Could it also be that we're using this as an excuse to spy on iran?

i agree with aboo, iraq was doing fine until bush descided to "help" the country out, "help" as in destroy. look at it now, is crumbling and the american troops we not angles either, i mean they also abused and harassaed iraqis, especially women

but the world did learn a lesson, never accept bush's "help" >.<

Well then it's a good thing that we're getting a new president then.