EE and other written language tasks

I'm writing my extended essay on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice (English A2), so now I wonder, can I use Pride and Prejudice in other IB tasks, such as the WL? (Swedish A1) I really hope so, for what I've understood you must use 3 different works for WL1+2, and there is only 4 works to choose from and one of the works concerned I really don't like to work with.

Thanks

[quote name='QueenSara' post='15445' date='Apr 23 2008, 01:14 PM']I'm writing my extended essay on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice (English A2), so now I wonder, can I use Pride and Prejudice in other IB tasks, such as the WL? (Swedish A1) I really hope so, for what I've understood you must use 3 different works for WL1+2, and there is only 4 works to choose from and one of the works concerned I really don't like to work with.

Thanks[/quote]

According to our school, you are not allowed to write your EE on an English work that you study in class, and I am almost positive that you can not use a subject for more than one written submission to IB. This also holds true to English works and more general subjects. For example, you can't write your EE on Hitler and then do a history IA about him.

[quote]For example, you can't write your EE on Hitler and then do a history IA about him.[/quote]
Actually you can if you look another aspect of Hitler and not use the same question etc. Your EE and IA goes to different people.

Sara: If P&P is on your list of WL books then you can do it for WL but if not then you cant. You have to do WL on texts that you've studied in that class (Swedish A1).

[quote name='HMSChocolate' post='15468' date='Apr 24 2008, 06:39 AM']Sara: If P&P is on your list of WL books then you can do it for WL but if not then you cant. You have to do WL on texts that you've studied in that class (Swedish A1).[/quote]

Yes, P&P is one of the works on our book list in Swedish A1. Thanks a bunch!

Edited by QueenSara

[quote name='HMSChocolate' post='15468' date='Apr 23 2008, 09:39 PM']Actually you can if you look another aspect of Hitler and not use the same question etc. Your EE and IA goes to different people.[/quote]

Really? For some reason our school won't let us use the same topic because they're too lazy to keep track of all the questions and make sure that people don't re-use them. :coffee: Because if we were allowed to do that I would definitely use a different aspect of my EE topic for my ToK presentation. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Before I start writing my WL:s, are ypu guys SURE that this is OK?
Because I asked my teacher and she wasn't sure about it, but told me to go for it anyway.. that sounds a little too uncertain to me, I mean, I don't want to risk becoming disqualified or something..

Yes, it should be ok, I can give you a 99% sure here. It's a different language for starters (odds that anyone would even notice are one in a million), as long as you do at least a slightly different topic you are ok :) . Lycka till!