Orals NOT SENT YET...

Aboud

hi... today our IB coordinator shocked me with the news that she has not sent my Arabic A1 orals... i was left speechless... she told me: i dont want to get mad.. everything is ready to be sent.. but i am waiting for the address to come... i have recorded my orals back in February and i have no idea why arent they sent yet? i am the only student taking Arabic A1 this year and therefore i am the only one affected in my class... i feel so frustrated... she told me that i will get a grade of P (pending)... is that true? and why? also, does she still have time to send the things to the address? in a way so that i dont get the Pending grade? please help me i am lost... i knew something like this was going to happen for such an in-experienced coordinator...

We are also an IB start-up school.....so small things happen but missing the dead line to send in stuff is too much. I seriously recommend that you contact other experience IB teachers (IB coordinator of your school or the principal etc) in your school and work things out......make sure to let them know
Do not worry, you did your part and its for the teacher to worry about.......its his/her fault........
In addition, you only need IB predicted scores if you apply to the US........by the time you receive your diploma/certificate.....you will have a grade for Arabic....i am pretty sure...

cheer up....don't let these things worry you too much

[quote name='ibman' post='15555' date='Apr 25 2008, 10:31 PM']We are also an IB start-up school.....so small things happen but missing the dead line to send in stuff is too much. I seriously recommend that you contact other experience IB teachers (IB coordinator of your school or the principal etc) in your school and work things out......make sure to let them know
Do not worry, you did your part and its for the teacher to worry about.......its his/her fault........
In addition, you only need IB predicted scores if you apply to the US........by the time you receive your diploma/certificate.....you will have a grade for Arabic....i am pretty sure...

cheer up....don't let these things worry you too much[/quote]
well, actually it has affected my studying... my exams are in 10 days and i cant study because i know that i wont be getting my full grade on july... i have asked other IB coordinator and she told me that your coordinator must be kidding because everything has to be sent by now... i will talk to my coordinator again and see why does she has my oral in her office!!!

My oral exams were in March, and I know they were sent to IB in mid-April or so...

You could try to talk to her again and see if there's any way she can still send your oral attached to a formal note asking IB to still consider your exam, saying it's her fault, etc. In any case, just try to be happy that they didn't accidentaly delete or lose your oral... That'd be definitely worse!