Call me a nerd... What kind of computer do you know and trust?

pianojames111

Suddenly this thread is of very great interest to me, as my parents agreed to buy me a laptop. So, from what I understand, most of you would recommend a Macbook?

I guess some of you are quite knowledgable in this area, and as I find no other persons to ask, I would be very grateful if someone could give me some advice.

These are my requirements:

- fast

- great software for school work

- nice design

- great for Internet usage, i.e. fast here too, + preventing viruses

- not tooooo expensive, say no more than 12.000 kr (currently appx. 2000$, can be a LITTLE more)

- if possible at this price, I'd like to have a computer that I can use for playing games such as The Sims etc.

So, if any suggestions, PLEASE, please, please post them here!

Sara, I would go with a MacBook Pro. Its the best of the MacBooks and you can get 4 Gbs of RAM which means for an all around faster expirience. Also you are not susseptible to virusi(?) ar you are with a Windows machine. Also, Macs are just plain awesome.

Suddenly this thread is of very great interest to me, as my parents agreed to buy me a laptop. So, from what I understand, most of you would recommend a Macbook?

I guess some of you are quite knowledgable in this area, and as I find no other persons to ask, I would be very grateful if someone could give me some advice.

These are my requirements:

- fast

- great software for school work

- nice design

- great for Internet usage, i.e. fast here too, + preventing viruses

- not tooooo expensive, say no more than 12.000 kr (currently appx. 2000$, can be a LITTLE more)

- if possible at this price, I'd like to have a computer that I can use for playing games such as The Sims etc.

So, if any suggestions, PLEASE, please, please post them here!

Well, Sara you are in luck because Macs can run The Sims natively without the need to install Windows. You should get a Macbook pro, seeing as you have the budget to buy it, or if not then get a Macbook and upgrade the specs a bit, get more RAM etc. Also, you're better off installing Windows via boot camp so you can run Windows natively as well, so that if you do need to play any other games, you can do that too.

Finally, if you're intent on buying a Mac, then hold off till the 13th of June. There's a rumor around that the Macbook series will be getting a major update around then, and the Macbook Pro would be getting a minor update.

Thanks a lot, both of you, this was exactly the information I needed! :):) I'll go for a mac then, but I will wait 'til the 13th, just in case! It feels like I always buy something new and expensive just before they improve the product or reduce the price, haha.