Name Your IB School

Guest syrianstar

There is an IB school in New West?

How did I not know this?

I know...I read it and I was like...oh really?!?

Hmm, so far, out of all the Canadian IB schools...only one wasn't from Vancouver

- Britannia (sp?)

- New West

- Port Moody

As for me...

Richmond Secondary, May 09...^^

anyone uses facebook...please add me...just PM me and i'll tell you my name and stuffs...

its awesome to meet so many IB students here

Interesting, just curious but are you finnish but living in Jerusalem? :) been there long?

Yes I am Finnish, living in Jerusalem :) The land of people that love Scandinavians (Israelis and Arabs love blondes). Am starting my third year here now. I would try and speak some Swedish to you, but I don't know any unfortunately.

Yes I am Finnish, living in Jerusalem :P The land of people that love Scandinavians (Israelis and Arabs love blondes). Am starting my third year here now. I would try and speak some Swedish to you, but I don't know any unfortunately.

Oj då! Du är finsk men du kan inte prata svenska!? Det betyder att om du vill studera här i Finland kommer du att ha problem med universitetet eftersom det finns några obligatoriska kurs i svenska som behövs för att kunna studera. Means you'd have problems with Finnish universities since courses in Swedish are obligatory for Finns in university.

I think I haven't named my school, it's

Helsingin Suomalainen Yhteiskoulu, or SYK in short.

I actually understood what you wrote in Swedish, even if there had been no translation. You have very good Swedish.

I know that I would have problems graduating in Helsinki University, that's one of the reasons that I'm not applying there, but to universities in the UK instead. Also, I have never been in a Finnish school because I have been living abroad for the past 15 years. That's why I've never studied Swedish.

How many IB schools are there in Helsinki?

Woah it's weird reading all the Swedish from Finnish people! XP

(Varför är det obligatoriskt att studera svenska?)

För att vi har ett stort (=rik) minoritet som är svenskspråkig.

There's only Helsingin Suomalainen Yhteiskoulu and Ressu in Helsinki, but we have Mattliden and Tikkurila in the Helsinki metropolitan area as well.