Who else is giving up summer 2009 to study?

Francheska

Guest syrianstar
summer of 2008 is non-existent for me...

Same lol! I'm going to have to work on my EE and Group 4 project over the summer :)

And also revise my notes so as to not come back to school having forgotton everything about year 1 of IB!!

Somewhere in between there must be time for me to relax, read, work on my tan B) , watch TV, sleep...................I think :)

I bet you anything I will come back from the summer not having done any work, but there's no harm in pretending right :D

summer of 2008 is non-existent for me...

same here!!

ill be workin on my EE and supposedly reviewing what i took the first year soo i wont come before my IB exam and be overwhelmed because i forgot everything!!

Note: the operative word in the sentence is supposedly because i doubt ill bother to do anything because ill keep on postponing the work until the summer ends :D

Guest syrianstar
No way! I'll finally be free by then :D ..buying season passes to the amusement park nearby and going everyday haha :) .

I so wish I could do that too :) - On the itsy bitsy bright side only one more year left of this :D and this :) *huge longing sigh*

___inthemaking, I really hope you enjoy yourself though and that you get your predicted 41/45! :D

I so wish I could do that too :D - On the itsy bitsy bright side only one more year left of this :) and this :) *huge longing sigh*

___inthemaking, I really hope you enjoy yourself though and that you get your predicted 41/45! :D

Thanks :D , I hope so too lol. And the extended essay is actually not as bad as everyone says it is, I only did 1 month of research and then it took me 4 days to write my essay (one day to write an outline, 3 days to actually write the whole thing). Definitely didn't spend the recommended 40 hours of research + writing time that my IBC suggested lol.

haha hell no.

This year has been hell already.

I'll be in Japan for half the Summer. I might finish my EE on the airplane ride there and back (the flight time is like 28 hours combined)

But apart from that, I'm getting a job, starting tae kwon do again, and gonna party every weekend

I'm not going to work too hard, but I do look forward to writing my extended essay since it's about something interesting.

To write it, I'll have to brush up on my programming skills because I'm not actually taking comptuer science. ^_^

I also want to learn how to reverse engineer programs. :hug:

I say this but I'll probably end up watching scifi and hanging out with friends.

I will not study too much, our EE first drafts are due to this Sunday (and no, I'm not done yet, but I had to take a pause from all that and thus I'm writing here) and we've done Group 4. I will do some CAS though, and of course read most of the A1 and A2 books, but that's not too hard. However I wish we'd get information about all the internal assessments before summer so we'd not have to do too much during Autumn. Now math, B&M, WL2 and WT2 is all during Autumn.

Hmmm.... giving up, I don't know about that :lol:

I'm going with my folks to Central America... gonna try out surfing & diving! I'll be there for three weeks & I can promise you this: I'm not gonna touch one single IB book, read a single chapter, or even once think about my EE while I'm there :D It's gonna be absolutely fantastic. AND I'm going to Revision Courses Europe Summer Courses (www.revisioncourses.com) - I'm really pumped for that one. I'm gonna revise Maths SL, Biology & Chemistry HL and attend a TOK Essay Seminar. Once I get back to school, I'll be:

- tanned :P

- happy :D

- prepared for IB2 B)

Perfect summer - here I come (only one month left in school)

/D

Hmmm.... giving up, I don't know about that :)

I'm going with my folks to Central America... gonna try out surfing & diving! I'll be there for three weeks & I can promise you this: I'm not gonna touch one single IB book, read a single chapter, or even once think about my EE while I'm there :yes: It's gonna be absolutely fantastic. AND I'm going to Revision Courses Europe Summer Courses (www.revisioncourses.com) - I'm really pumped for that one. I'm gonna revise Maths SL, Biology & Chemistry HL and attend a TOK Essay Seminar. Once I get back to school, I'll be:

- tanned :D

- happy :)

- prepared for IB2 B)

Perfect summer - here I come (only one month left in school)

/D

Sounds like a good summer! I am taking a summer job to earn some extra cash. The revision courses seems to be a cool thing. are you going in London or Stockholm? London is closer but sweden would be really nice to visit...would be nice to revise some economics and get some help with extended.

summer here i come!

Yeah mate I know, they seem fantastic. I'm actually going to Sweden... might seem odd for an Englishman but I've never been to Sweden or Scandinavia before. So I'll both see Sweden (which in itself seems like a nice place :) ) and learn a lot - which I need.

Everyone who has their first exams today - Good luck ladies & gents :yes:

In summer 2007 I spend 5 weeks at the OSC Revision course. I knew if I didn't I'd forget everything I had learned the past year. I also perfected my EE over there whilst everyone else was panicking after summer to finish theirs. I don't regret it either since I got to visit all the unis I applied to which helped my decision. If you're one of those people with a weak will and non-existent self-discipline you should definitely spend a lot of the summer studying, but make room for fun too ;)