History EE- Role of a women in different socities?

princessm87

I am in my first year of IB and I just started thinking about what topic I would like to write my essay on. I'm not entirely sure as to whether these topics are good enough to write on. I have thought of two things so far:

1. Western Influence on a culture.

I was thinking maybe a compare and contrast essay on western influence on two different cultures.

or

how a culture has changed over time because of western influence.

2. Women's Rights/role

How they evolved over time in a culture/ country

or

compare and contrast how role of women evolved over time in different cultures/ country

Like I said I'm just starting out and have no idea what to write on. Do you think this would be an appropriate topic to write my extended essay on. Which topic do you think would be the best to write on. Do I need to make my topic more narrow. Could you possibly suggest other not necessarily topics, but ideas I could research to help me find a topic to write on.

Edited by princessm87

Neither of them are appropriate as they are both not specific enough, and need to be narrowed down further.

I would scan through wikipedia and read up. My history IA (1500-2000 words) topic was inspired by one sentence on wikipedia. My chemistry EE was inspired by half a sentence. Neither of these sentences ended up being my topics but they were subjects that lead to further research.

Unfortunately I don't think it would be a good idea to get topics from others. (Hence 0 topic suggestions here).

• 2 weeks later...

Both your topics are unusable. I wouldn't try to jump the gun with your essay, You've just started the IB, right? Take it slow. Gather and retain knowledge and come to understand your subjects better. When you're better prepared and knowledgeable your IB Coordinator will make your year-group start working on EEs. Don't worry about it too much at the moment.