History IA plan of investigation

God14029

Hey there!

Well, you could always start by searching this forum =) . You'll most certainly find a thread started 28 July, read it. That's the one that helped me, but surely there are other useful threads on IB Survival too that are helpful.

As for the examples, google something like 'ib history ia example.' You ought to find something.

I have already a question for my essay but the problem is I don't know how to start with my plan of investigation. I have read the guide line but I still don't know what to do. Can anyone help?

Also can someone give me some links for examples of IA

Hey there!

Starting is always the hardest part for me. I usually gather a whole bunch of information then I have no idea how to organize it coherently. So you're not alone :D.

Do read the Evaluation and criteria for the IA on the History syllabus. There are a lot of good sources here on this site. Check out this thread which helps you how to tackle the History IA :

(If after reading that and you still need more help regarding this let me know and I'll gladly try to help out by explaining more)

I think we often tend to over think things and sometimes its best to just do it. Just start writing. And sooner or later, more ideas will come, and become more clear. Nothing can be perfect in one go. Write then perfect it. I have a lot of trouble with that, since I am a perfectionist (not gonna lie). This is a tip I tell myself all the time. :)

As for examples, this link is from the IBO. Browse around to look at the IA examples along with the examiner comments:

http://xmltwo.ibo.org/publications/DP/Group3/d_3_histx_tsm_1108_1/html/production-app3.ibo.org/publication/272/part/2/chapter/1.html

Hopes this helps!

Funny10sport

• Like 1