Doobster

My subjects:

HL Spanish B

HL French B

HL Psychology

SL Math Studies

SL Biology

SL English A

I'm more or less studious, I get great grades in all of my classes.. especially math, french, spanish, psychology and biology (English not so much, 87 average)

What is a realistic score for me on the IB?

My offer from McGill is 34 for Arts but I hope to get a 37-41 (with the 2 points from ToK/EE) so I can be sure of my acceptance

thanks xx

You are probably going to hate this answer but a wise man said 'whether you think you can or can't, you're right.' Basically the mind is an extremely powerful, mind-blowingly powerful tool. If you set your mind to accomplish something, you probably will. And many a time if you decide you're gonna fail something, it's usually your own mind keeping you from accomplishing it. Your own attitude to things, usually determines how you perform tasks.

No one else can truly tell you what you're going to get except you, and sometimes random predictions. So you're going to have to set your target and acheive it. Good luck

• Like 1

Award Winning Boss, I'm still a junior.. my exams are in May 2014.. it's just that my school gives predicteds every month, so these are constantly subject to change :)

Thank you to all of you for your replies!

That makes us even more likely to be able to predict how likely you are to get the points you want.

When you start the IB, see how you feel about it for the first couple of months. then you'll have a better indication of the subjects you'll be able to get your marks in.

I've been in it for almost a semester and it's going fine apart from English.. my teacher's a real ball-buster hahaha

...so your predictions are relevant to your final exams then aren't they? If you've got these predictions, why are you asking this question? The teachers and yourself are better predictors of how well you'll do in the final exams. Not us who only have your subjects and no indicator of who you are.

Keep on working, and continually re assess that goal for yourself.

I've been in it for almost a semester and it's going fine apart from English.. my teacher's a real ball-buster hahaha

Nobody can look at your subjects and make predictions about how you will do in the IB. There are trends of scores, but none of them are specific enough to make a specific prediction for you. Just focus on your work and worry about your predictions when the time comes. You seem to be on the right track, so I don't see why you would even be worried about this.

Edited by Arrowhead