IB Pins

When we get inducted into the IB at our school, we get these small circular pins with the IB logo... so my question is:

does everyone else get these?

and if you do...

what do you DO with them? mine's simply been sitting on my shelf for 6 months now. I feel like it should be seen by more than a stack of books. Does anyone wear theirs? Put it on a jacket/bag? ...or anything else?

I'm just curious.. or in need of a creative display idea :hug:

Guest syrianstar

Hahaha we have those too!

We didn't get them when we got inducted into IB though, they showed them to us when we had a transition night where we had to explain to parents of potential IB students about IB.

I think they took them back after that- I didn't go so they didn't give one :hug:

We got those in this lame ceremony where the like five people who graduated IB last year got their diplomas.

Mine sits in a box, covered with dust, in my room. Although, I do look at it from time to time for 'inspiration' to keep going on.

oh they give those to us wen we graduate... which is veryyy soon nowwww :D 1 more month yaaaaaay

and i think i might put it on whatever bag ill be using for uni... i mean give me a break i work my butt off for 2 years n then i dont get to show off??? aha *nods* ill show it to everyone (although im not so sure if being an IB student is something to be proud of or not :lol: )

Edited by sarah

oh they give those to us wen we graduate... which is veryyy soon nowwww :D 1 more month yaaaaaay

and i think i might put it on whatever bag ill be using for uni... i mean give me a break i work my butt off for 2 years n then i dont get to show off??? aha *nods* ill show it to everyone (although im not so sure if being an IB student is something to be proud of or not :lol: )

heeey

maybe being an IB student generally is not worth showing off (although i think it could be worth it?!) but the work you put into it is more than worth all the show off u can do :innocent: :P

hey deedoz, i dont totally agree with you, it is true that the work put into our diploma is more worth than the show off... but there is no harm to show off from time to time... like me for example... whenever i look at the internals that i have done i go: how on earth did i do that ?!?! lol the work that i have done in the past two years was more than the previous 10 educational years... so i guess its ok to show off that... ;)

hey deedoz, i dont totally agree with you, it is true that the work put into our diploma is more worth than the show off... but there is no harm to show off from time to time... like me for example... whenever i look at the internals that i have done i go: how on earth did i do that ?!?! lol the work that i have done in the past two years was more than the previous 10 educational years... so i guess its ok to show off that... XD

heey

i agree with you that there is no harm in showing off --- in our school everyone knows the 4 full IB students and everyone thinks we can do whatever we want!! soo we do show off being IB students even if we dont admit it ;);)

Guest iber2468

You poke innocent Pre-IBers with the pins and tell them, "Feel this? Multiply the pain by ten and add 600 more days and you'll have the IB Program."

• 3 weeks later...
When we get inducted into the IB at our school, we get these small circular pins with the IB logo... so my question is:

does everyone else get these?

and if you do...

what do you DO with them? mine's simply been sitting on my shelf for 6 months now. I feel like it should be seen by more than a stack of books. Does anyone wear theirs? Put it on a jacket/bag? ...or anything else?

I'm just curious.. or in need of a creative display idea :)

i put mine on my letterman's jacket. Oy maybe you could make a cute shadow box with it or something.

• 1 month later...

I've never heard of IB Pins until now, but we did get an IB t-shirt for this conference which explained the Pre-IB program in Gr 9. Descartes's famous statement: "I think, therefore I am" was written on the shirts, except it was: "I think, therefore IB." This years was: "IB=MC²."

Edited by KLSmash

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...