Chemistry EE

Craftymexican

My topic and research question are due on Monday and noone in my class, including me, has any idea what we're doing.
I want to do something in chemistry and I have an idea along the lines of: To what extent are the amounts of leaded gasoline use in a country tied to the concentration of lead in their products? I know that Nigeria is well known for having high usage of leaded gas and a high amount of lead concentration in candy, but to test this I would need a absorption spectrometer. Any suggestions or ideas?
Also, tell me if this idea is too simple: Judging the effectiveness of distillation in bottled water through comparison of the extent of freezing point depression to tap water.

Edited by Craftymexican

I'm not saying your topic is bad, but for Group 4 subjects, it's incredibly hard to get a good grade if you don't perform an experiment. You don't have too much research of your own in your EE so it will be very hard for you to score well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.. im also doing chem EE and having a lot of trouble doing it. I suggest you don't choose chem cause it takes time and hopefully not money. My topic is about the percentage purity of formaldehyde in dried anchovy.
If you want to do the topic about lead gasoline you could narrow it to just finding the concentration of lead probably. I dunno =[ im just a student..

• 1 month later...

[quote name='CellarDoor' post='16039' date='May 4 2008, 07:09 PM']You can try, though Geoffrey Neuss (The God of IB Chemistry) does not reccommend students to write Chemistry EE. Please note that Chemistry EE are corrected by him.[/quote]
wtf, why i know this now....
chemistry ee is just sooo hard.........

good luck everyone anyways.