Online course

Nga Tran

Hey everyone (:

So, this is my problem. I'm doing psychology as an online course, and it's driving me crazy @@ I meant like I keep getting distracted, lessons become so boring and stuff gets confusing and its hard to communicate with the teachers. Any tips, advice or anything from anyone who has or had the same issues?

Thanks a lot XD

I'm not doing it as an online course, but I'm in a similar position because basically my teacher sucks and we have to teach everything to ourselves... ugh.

All I can say is make sure you have the proper ib psychology guide (like the syllabus outline one) because it tells you everything you will need to know and get the one of the good study guides/textbooks online (I recommend the study guide by Hannibal). That's really all the help I can give you (sorry), except to just learn EVERY syllabus point off by heart.

Hoped that helped at least a little :)

Edited by j-mims

Are you doing Psychology at Pamoja?

I'm currently in my second year of Economics HL at Pamoja Education and I think it's fantastic. I think you need to be independent in your studying and just really develop a relationship with your psychology book (or books) because at the end of the day it's really all about how well you know how to respond to all of the learning outcomes, and all that information is found in the books..

You should also consider writing long essays for all learning outcomes, because that is direct practice for the final exams. I don't know what kind of teacher you have, but in my experience teachers become more and more supportive once they realize you are trying to understand and be engaged. If they get the impression that you don't care/try then they might feel less motivated to help you, especially if you ask very broad questions that they have been discussing for the past week(s), a surprising amount of information can be found in the book, and the more books you have, the better.