History IA and Expert opinion

GemmaJade616

So my history teacher mentioned a few students in the past have either in person or online interviewed an expert in the topic they have chosen. I believe this would be difficult because first of all you have to find an expert and then find one willing and with the time available to answer a few of your questions. It seems like it might be too much effort to pay off also for some topics possibly not possible.

Do you think it is worth while searching for the expert opinion?

Well, it isn't that hard if you have a known topic. I mean, some will say they don't have time and all, but if you do your research, you'll find some who are willing to do that. If not answering to you in real-time, at least look at your e-mail and give you some comments.

If it is worth it? Depends. Do you know that this expert has a differing view than those sources you've read? Do you need them to explain an opinion/argument?

Its a waste of time. The odds that you can find someone that could help you in your paper are miniscule, the odds of finding an expert that would do more than just help (meaning; a source that you could use more than once) are smaller than that. Looking at an online database is both easier and faster, it could even give you better results.

P.S. if its not too late, you might want to look into using a History topic that focuses on themes common to your History papers, for example, doing a paper on WW1, WW2, or the Americas so that when you take your papers in may, you are better prepared to answer at least one subject of the exam