IB IA on Mexican Revolution ? HELP !

serena297

I decided to focus my IA on the Mexican Revolution, but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to narrow down my topic. My research question is "To what extent did the soldaderas of the Mexican Revolution change the role of women in Mexico?" My teacher says that the question isn't narrow enough, the problem being that the "role of women" in the question isn't specific enough.I have no idea what to add to this question so that it is narrow enough and specific enough for me to be able to write a good IA . Any ideas anyone ? I need all the help I can get guys!

Perhaps specify what aspect of the "role of women," such as, in employment prospects, education, cultural awareness of necessity, societal importance, human rights and obligations, etc.? Or maybe the women of a particular community or particular city or village, either during or post-revolution?

Try and narrow down to the kind of woman you have in mind and how her role changed during the war, and then identify and write about her as the representative sample for your paper.