How do I find studies?

I like pine cones ._.

Okay, so this is probably a really stupid question, but I've searched this forum and I can't find an answer so here goes:

My SL psychology teacher has asked us to start finding our own studies because that will help us understand them better. When I asked her how to do that, she just said to use Google...

There's go to be a better way to find reliable information on studies, right?

Does anyone have advice on how to go about searching for some?

JSTOR should allow you to do free searches. With QUESTIA, you can use credit card information to register for a one-day free trial. Pick a day when which you can spend just reading and researching at length and download everything that looks remotely useful. At the end of the day, you can just delete your account, without actually having paid for anything. That's how I got majority of the secondary sources for my History IA and English EE.

As far as HeinOnline is concerned, it's a little more complicated and more than a little complex. But it has one of the most comprehensive databases for academic journals and commentaries. Ideally, you should locate (with citation) a particular article you'd like to read. That's fairly easy to do if you have secondary sources that point to further studies in their footnotes that have been published. If you get that far, feel free to just PM me and I can download/email the article to you. As a university student, I have free access so it will only take a few minutes.

Cheers!

• Like 1